Home
I had been drawn for a special military/refuge gun hunt yesterday and had no luck, but while driving home last night I get this phone call from my brother asking if I could help him drag his deer out he got at one of his favorite hunting areas, so I said yes as I would be driving past this area on the way home anyways.
He shot this guy at 5:30 pm last night and about a mile back (thank God for deer carts) when I got to him I could see why he needed help! this thing probably weighed in the mid 200's and guessing his score to around 150ish.
All I have right now is my crummy cell phone pic with a flashlight, I will get more this afternoon as well as a score for those interested.
Oh and he shot it with his bow in a treestand at 20 yds coming to his rattling sequence.
[Linked Image]
Nice buck! Congrats to you're brother. Was that a gun kill?
what a trophy! and shot with a bow.Congrats!
Originally Posted by passport
Was that a gun kill?

Archery equipment.
That is a nice one. My guess is he scores about 152-153. Be interesting to find out. Please let us know.
OK here goes.....we did a score on the buck this afternoon and it nets 161 6/8 (a little higher than I expected) with a gross measurement 169 and change.
The body is absolutely huge and these pics dont do it any justice but we weighed him today and he weighed 232 lbs dressed! that would put him right near 290 lbs on the hoof. what a monster!
Anyway heres some of the pics I took today, I got several more but these show the main angles.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Yawza!! Beautiful animal. Congratulations to your brother.
Magnificent buck cool
Marvelous!

Congratulations!

FMP
HOLY CRAP!

Nice buck, that is a big somebiach. Congrats.
Wow he was huge! Camera phone pics did him an injustice....very nice....
Holy crap that's a big buck.
Awesome buck! Is that a hoosier buck Tom?
Great deer. Thanks for sharing those photos.
I usually over-estimate antlers!

stumpy
Awesome buck. Congrats!
Goodness that is a pig.
WOW! What a bruiser.
Congrats to your brother.
And a pig it is. A brute buck, he would scare the hell out of most deer I've seen.
Well [bleep]. Thats a monster, did ur bro have to hold on to something as that beast walked by? laugh
Wonderful animal! Congratulations.
Originally Posted by HuntMeister
Awesome buck! Is that a hoosier buck Tom?

Yes it is, southern Indiana.
Originally Posted by powderBurnz
Well [bleep]. Thats a monster, did ur bro have to hold on to something as that beast walked by? laugh

Ya. his bow....... grin
Awesome Buck...........Congrats to your brother.

Robert
Wow...Rattled him in, and killed him with a bow.

That's about as fun and challenging a way to take a buck as one could envision.

Congrats to your bro, and good on you for helping him out!

DJ
Very nice buck!
Awesome deer. Very nice, looks pretty even and big.

Sounds like a great hunt.
Impressive!
NICE
Mass!!!

gotta love that mass!!

awesome!!
Congrats on a fine deer.!!

Mike
Add my congratulations to the list--that is, indeed, a toad of a buck!!
I think I would have let him pass.......NOT! Durn fine critter there.
Very Nice Deer! Congrats to him!
That is a stud.Nothin' like bowhunting!
Just don't tell me that was on public land...:)
No its a farm only he has permission to hunt.
freakin' A! that think is a monster. that pic with your brother holding him straight on really shows that big brute off smile congrats to your brother.
© 24hourcampfire