Home
Posted By: MillerMan Wisconsin White deer - 05/05/09
WI white deer

nice movie on the deer
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/05/09
cool.
Posted By: Grizzly_Bill Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/05/09
Hate to admit it, but I didn't know they were there. Sure would be interesting to see them.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/05/09
There are a couple near Cable right now, and at least one up in the Mason area. See them occasionally...
Posted By: mtnman1 Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/05/09
Deer... The other white meat.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
Nice,Tnx for Sharing
MERCER my home away from Home. smile
Steve
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
I saw one two years ago west of Phillips on the KC land.

It's the kind of thing one will never forget, for sure.

WN
Posted By: CLB Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
Cool video, thanks for sharing. As rare as Albino deer are, I se a few every year in CT along with some partial albino's.
Posted By: MillerMan Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
I used to muskie fish often in the Mercer area, it's Looney there
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
There's usually a couple of them roaming around in the Buffalo County area near Fountain City. Have seen a couple through the years growing up in that area.
Posted By: olhippie Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/06/09
...Last year I shot a beautiful 9pt'r here in Georgia. I had noticed how it stood out against the forest background, and marveled at it's light cinnamon coloring. When I checked it in at the WMA ranger check station the wildlife biologist asked me if I knew how rare the deer was. He said he'd never seen another like it in 18 years of work with the dept. of natural resources.He'd seen piebalds aplenty,a couple melanistic does, and a few albinos too, but never an odd deer the color of mine. He said I ought o have the hide tanned,it was so unusual. I didn't tan that hide, and regret it now, but will always remember it's beauty.
Posted By: vapodog Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/08/09
I've hunted Wisconsin for 30 years and never seen one.....thanks for sharing.....cool!
Posted By: johnw Re: Wisconsin White deer - 05/09/09
my coyote hunting partner has kinfolk near hurley that he often hunts with... he has told me of seeing the white deer on 2 occasions...
i travel through there quite often but haven't seen one... i don't think that there's all that many of them...
© 24hourcampfire