Home
they both shot good in my rifle,the scirocco 1/4 better,which would you perfer for deer,thanks..
Since I can never remember how to spell shiracko...sciraco...shiraco...shirako........arrggggh...scirocco, I just run Fusions....grin.

Actually, I haven't used the Sciroccos, but have had very good results with Fusions on deer in 243, 270, 7-08, 25-06.

DJ
save yourself some money fusions!!!!
nothing more is needed for deer

gene
For deer, Fusions are all you need.

I have taken two bull elk with the original Sciroccos in a .300 Wby, and according to all the flak on this site, they shouldn't have worked because they were supposed to be only a "deer bullet". The Scirocco IIs are supposed to be tougher, but I haven't seen much difference in performance on game (2 more bull elk).
Sciroccos are a much tougher bullet, but you don't need a tough bullet for deer. I find the fusions to be a soft bullet, but deadly on deer.

I would personally use the more accurate of the two, it's not like you are going to shoot very many while hunting.

Good Luck

loder
I have killed with Sciroccos. I have not tested any Fusions. THe Sciroccos have been dead-right-there shots with no exits. My b-i-l shoots them in his 300 Wby & 7 RM. I have all four of his recovered bullets. They do exactly as advertised. They retain 80% of their original weight. The mushrooms measure 3/4" in each case. I still don't know what to think of the no "exit strategy" of the Scirocco's. On the one hand we discuss the what-if's thinking that if this critter hadn't dropped on the spot then there would be no blood trail. But, in each case they all did drop within 20 yards. Can't exactly support an argument with those results.

My choice in your situation would be to go with the softer bullet assuming you are shooting a 308 Win.
no im shooting 270 this year,sorry i didnt post it..
My biggest buck fell to a fusion, so I am partial to them.
Fusions shoot well in my rifle and hammer the game.

stumpy
Fusion.
Ingwe
Fusion.

Cheaper and deer's is easy if you do your part.
Fusions on this end!
Swift
Why?
Cuzz I like them and shoot them and have yet to recover one, plus they are some slippery bastards.
© 24hourcampfire