Home
Which do you prefer? Ballistic Tip or Accubond for Whitetails at 100 yards or less.
if they both shoot well i would go with the accubond!!!
At that range and given the 7mm-08's velocities, pretty much anything will do. Why bother paying extra for mid-level premium bullets at all? Wouldn't any plain jane cup and core do all you need?
B) I agree with Smokey262.
A) I use the BT in my 7-08. It just keeps killing, and killing, and killing...
Im running a 140 B-tip in my 7-08 and it has always been a bang flop DRT deal. This guy took one in the base of the neck at about 75 yards and did not seem to care for them at all..

[Linked Image]
For all around bullet the Accubond
Strong language will just about kill a deer at that range.
I prefer the accubonds as long as they shoot good, and they shoot great out of my Rem Mtn. rifle. (handloads of course)
I would say flip a coin. I've never killed anything with an Accubond but I have killed some with NBT's. I prefer a Remington Corelokt especially for those ranges but either of the two bullets you mentioned should work fine for deer.
120 gr. BT's work just fine for me.
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Strong language will just about kill a deer at that range.

grin
Ballistic Tips for me, but most any reasonable bullet will work well. How about an Interlock?
I'm starting to believe the 7-08 topped with a 139 SST Interlock might just be the optimum whitetail combo. My shot opportunities run from really tight close brush to open soybean and corn fields where I have LRF'd out to 602 yards.

They just flat perform together and seem made for each other.

MO
I've had excellent success with both the 140 AB and the 120 BT out of a 7mm-08 at distances of less than 100 yds.
I don't think the deer will be able to tell the difference, but I'd prefer the BTs for the added expansion. Probably only need ABs when exceeding 3000 fps to make sure the bullets stays together.
© 24hourcampfire