Home
I was looking at the burn area west of Cheesman Lake. Are there any deer in this area or did the hayman fire run them out?
There are deer and elk in there
Thanks. I am going to scout the area next week. I was hoping the area had started recovering from the hayman fire. I had heard the area has elk in it. I have a muzzle loading doe tag. I have never been in the area before so it will be fun scouting it. Maybe I can thin out out a coyote or two also.
Apparently some kid shot a 300" buck in the Hayman fire area a few years ago
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HHo0VZSyNn4J:www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/30/dentry-more-bang-for-the-buck-for-lopez/+record+buck+%2B+kyle+lopez+%2B+hayman+burn&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
That's a huge buck. I have not been able to draw a buck tag for the last 4 or 5 years for some reason. Guess i Have been putting in for the wrong areas. The doe tag I drew was my last choice. Some years I don't even draw a deer tag.
Theres deer in there too. The area has recovered nicely.
Thanks for the info. I will doing a scouting trip there this week.
Did a scouting trip today. How do you hunt the burned out are? Seems like the deer could see you coming for 2 miles away. I am shooting a muzzle loader. What I seen in the burn area makes me want a long range rifle. Does anyone have suggestions on how to hunt the hayman burn area?
© 24hourcampfire