Home
Posted By: Ebby New MS state archery record - 12/20/10
In response to the thread about the 200" MS deer, I thought I'd put these up as well. MS is really starting to put out some Whoppers.

Killed in SW MS. I did not kill this deer so I hope Casey doesn't get mad at me (ha ha!). I thought you guys might like to see these. Giant. 198" gross and 176" net as a 6x5. My Uncle lives in Natchez and knows the guy but I have never met him. Story was in the State newspaper today along with some other pics. I got this one from my Uncle via email a few days ago.

[Linked Image]
WOW!!!
Posted By: BrentD Re: New MS state archery record - 12/20/10
That counts! Nice indeed.
Incredible buck!!!
Unreal!
Monster any where.
WOW What a buck
boy howdy what a deer....!
There are always some giants killed in MS every year. Hellacious bucks for sure.
That's a stud.
Love the mass & gnarly bases.
That is Will Rives of Natchez, Ms. in the pic. I haven't seen him since he was a tyke and didn't recognize the lad, but his dad Bill managed 36,000 acres that bordered our hunting spot for a gent named Gerald Bolte.

Over the years, Bolte bought up Ms. River bottom property from Anna's bottom just north of Natchez in Adams county all the way up to Rodney in Jefferson County. Mostly International paper land that was sold after the mill was closed in Natchez. He put a large pile of good, affordable hunting clubs out of business. Last count was something like 12 old established clubs that lost their leases.

From what I hear, this is where that buck was killed. The last buck I took with bow before I hung it up came from the lease we had next to Bolte's property in Anna's Bottom. He bought that too.

I wonder if Will will trade racks with me? LOL

Congrats to Will, but I can't say I'm suprised to see him get a whopper like that. Bolte only allows family, Bill Rives and his son to hunt his property.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Ebby Re: New MS state archery record - 12/21/10
Yeah, I had heard that it was killed on Bolte property. Its a shame what he has done down there. I guess a man has a right to do what he wants if he can afford it. Hate to see it though. I love hunting those Adams/Jefferson County bucks.
That's a dandy!!!
Originally Posted by Ebby
Yeah, I had heard that it was killed on Bolte property. Its a shame what he has done down there. I guess a man has a right to do what he wants if he can afford it. Hate to see it though. I love hunting those Adams/Jefferson County bucks.

It is sad, but what can you do? How much is enough for one man? Didn't want to call the guy a dickhead right here before Christmas, but he is.

I was raised in Natchez and hunted alot of those places. Today, 90% best hunting is owned by Bolte or the St. Catherine Federal Wildlife Refuge, which allows only bow and primitive weapon.

Good hunting land is a rich man's game in these parts.

Best,

Jm
And now the new state typical record comes from the same area. I can't figure out if this was on Boelte's or just next door.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110605/SPORTS08/106050333/Saunders-sets-typical-standard
Sweet!
(In my best Forrest Gump voice)

I likeee maasssss....
Tall, heavy, and wide...... Same way I likes my women!!!
Posted By: Winnie Re: New MS state archery record - 06/10/11
My mouth dropped!

Holy crap. That is good.
Nice buck and good for him.

But wow, 36,000 acres to hunt for just family and friends. What, maybe 20 people tops. If I am calculating it right, that area would be roughly 7.5 miles squared. Out west 36,000 acres is moderate. In MS, with lots of bottoms, thats something. No wonder the bucks are big. All they need is good feed, and a chance to grow old. Looks like the are getting it there.
Posted By: battue Re: New MS state archery record - 06/15/11
Great Buck.

36,000 acres and only a chosen few get to hunt it. As I quoted my Grandmother in a previous thread, "Mark my words." It is only going to get worse.
To add fuel to the fire, this deer was apparently killed next door to the 36k-ac "estate." And one poster on another site stated the oil magnate was high-fencing the portion that bordered this hunter's smaller spread. Figures, huh? Geez -- it's not like he was whacking immature deer. And the guy with the checkbook doesn't even hunt...

Can anyone in the area comment?

Battue, what's going to get worse? And which 'Burg? Vick's?
© 24hourcampfire