Home
Figure a broadside shot would easily allow an exit w/an expanded bullet, killing anything behind it pretty well.

I hear trees hate them. grin
I wouldn't try to get "doubles" on deer with a rifle. I've had deer lined up where it was very possible to get two vital shots with one bullet, but without knowing what that bullet is doing after going through 1 body, no thanks. I owe the deer more than trying to be a trick shooter.

I've done it on prairie dogs, but thats a whole nother deal.
I hate cleaning more than one at a time laugh

I could have done it Saturday with a 250grn TMZ, but we dropped out of DMAP, so not legal any longer on our place. I might miss not having 5 doe tags.
Got a triple with Sciroccos and a 300 RUM on pigs once
Buddies boss accidentally it a 4 inch alder, a BC black bear and a 6 inch alder on the way out... never found the Barnes..

I've done doubles and triples without barnes so yeah, with barnes it should be easy...

I did it once on a double head shot on some 50 ish pound pigs and a BTHP out of a 22-250....

Then I had a 7x300wtby running a sierra 160 game king and the neck of a 60 pound pig stopped that bullet cold at under 200 yards... go figure...
I know Pat ( ltppowell) got a triple on pigs with a fourth running off to croak someplaces else...
I bet you could kill 8 or 10 of those tiny deer you shoot if they would line up right. grin
I'm gonna try!!!! laugh
Reviewing game cam pics with a buddy today (whitebear here), we both spotted it and called it at the same time when we saw 2 flat heads (white tail does) shoulder to shoulder in a picture.

"two for one!"

CO - was not recommending it mind you, nor tried it or would, but accidents happen.

Dave, that counts! LOL.

Pigs, can't blame someone for doing so as they are varmints in many places, esp. Tx. Not much better here, they can wreck havoc on land.......

Rost, maybe like the .177 vs. 22 air rifle debate, smaller frontal area = more penetration....who knows.

JM - hit a sapling once en route to a Mulie, the 139 lost vector and I had to get it right the 2nd time. 115 paces - the 4x was just focused on hair...centered the neck w/o interuption on round #2 smile

It was too small to see, but enough to deflect....

Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I bet you could kill 8 or 10 of those tiny deer you shoot if they would line up right. grin

Row up your feeder corn, running directly from your blind. When they line up like calves at a trough, roll them like dominos.

DF
LOL. grin
On pigs...One big ol momma and one 60lb baby.

.338 federal at 300 yards. Straight through her guts and into the little piggy's melon. Both DRT - On a gut shot.
I got one on pigs too. I made a good shoulder shot and it exited into the eye area of another. First one ran a bit the second dropped right there. Pretty good for a pre 64 .270 redone by redneck.....
pigs.. that reminds me my nephew killed 14 with one shot with an arrow once.
Pregnant sow?
In 2002 I shot my bull kudu standing broadside at ~150 yards and at the shot the PH started shouting qui (sp). Sure enough right at the shot a cow ran behind the bull at full steam and took the 250 gr Barnes X (original) from my 9.3x62 after it passed through the bull. After four shoulders it was recovered under the hide of the cow. Perfect X-shroom and weighing 250 grs. I have a photo of the buller but my photo server is down.
RR - I'd think so, 'piglets' LOL.

JM - I have a few Barnes fwiw, mind if I hunt your stand?

Tony, looks like Barnes prices are in actuality about 1/2 what they appear on the surface wink I am sure the cow made good tablefare! Oh - Good timing wink
I shot Poohbah in the ass with one and didn't get an exit.

But like Tom always said, Ingwe has buns of steel..
I saw a double on wild pigs last dec with a guy shooting a 300 win mag, and 180 grain tsx bullets. Range was about 125 yards.
© 24hourcampfire