Home
Im just curious to see some of this countries biggest whitetail does killed

I have killed 2 at 125 field dressed and one at 120

here is my favorite

she was shot with a smith mdl 19 357 mag

field dress according to the scales 125 lbs TN doe

[Linked Image]
I shot one that was 151# field dressed, in central WI, with my bow on a cool October night. She had a head like an elk it seemed.
This was my oldest boys 2nd deer, she went 130 lbs on the hoof and thats a big one in Central Texas. One 60 gr Partition fired from his 223. She made it about 20 yards and tipped over.

[Linked Image]
the one I had to drag out of the thickets in the bottom of a ravine single handedly! smile I swear she was 160 lb. on the hoof.
Took this old gal 3 years ago![Linked Image]
Don't have a picture of it but a friend of mine took a 200 lbs plus die a few years ago in Kansas.
I took him hunting way back of the road, well over a mile. I told him NOT to shot the lead doe because there was a foot of snow and we had a game hauler cart. The deer back there hadn't been hunted in almost 30 years, some huge deer...

When I saw her laying on its side, I thought he had shoot a mule.
I've killed two that taped at 240 each (on the hoof). But a friend's wife killed one that was scaled at over 400# in Missouri

I know, I didn't believe it either.
To be honest I've never weighed one of mine. Just from picking them up I'd guess the heaviest was maybe 120. Big old gal who had been dry for two years. Most are less than 100.
150# gutted Nj.
Can't answer this one:

no one cares what a doe weighs a the "tank-n-tummy"

crowds don't gather at my tailgate to stroke my ego for a slickhead,nor
will they help ya unload it and weigh it- they just DGAF

I wish I knew bud, I've killed a few old horse-faced does, always wondered myself what they weighed. Probably a couple 125lbers- I know when I pulled the back straps out,
they were about a yard long, lol

smile
Originally Posted by BrentD
I've killed two that taped at 240 each (on the hoof). But a friend's wife killed one that was scaled at over 400# in Missouri

a whitetail doe? 400# ???

Huh?

NFW
Originally Posted by slumlord
Can't answer this one:

cry me a [bleep] river

My friend weighs over 300 FYI

[Linked Image]
Nother pic
[Linked Image]
no pictures but we've killed a few over 150 dressed in georgia - private, intensely managed land with tons of food for them. The layers of fat on these deer were amazing, especially when i'd drive 90 minutes and hunt in the mountains and shoot a deer with very little fat.
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Can't answer this one:

cry me a [bleep] river

whatever poachinpro
lol
Originally Posted by Seminole39
Can't answer this one:

cry me a [bleep] river

whatever poachinpro
lol
ground shrinkage is a biatch

they look alot bigger shining in a 2 million cp qbeam
I know when I pulled the back straps out,
they were about a yard long, lol

smile

That right there is what it's all about, unless we're talkin a kid's 1st deer. I honestly have no idea the biggest, though I am sure they've been bigger than thosen tenn dinks wink !!

Going' out this w/e for our youth hunt & antlerless only hunt. My son is hopin to get his first deer and I am hopin to stop a 90 gr GMX doin' 3400 fps from my Better Bob... Then come the BACKSTRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!
shot one once that was about 200, her head was in the rafters of the garage and her feet were dragging on the floor, had the longest head I'd ever seen and was all rotten in the back end from a poor shot someone made the weekend before with a slug.
I think I have a picture somewhere of her, aint come across it for years

Your friend lied or didn't use a scale or she shot an elk.
Originally Posted by Tom264
Nother pic
[Linked Image]

that is a hoss
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN
Nother pic
[Linked Image]

that is a hoss

Where is the horns on this bad boy? laugh
Originally Posted by digger44

Your friend lied or didn't use a scale or she shot an elk.

Or she really shot a 400# whitetail. Could be. Weird stuff happens. She did have it scaled, and it wasn't an elk.

There is a tape measure for "weighing" whitetails. Better than the hairy-eye ball method. You can probably google it. I bought mine for $1 from Pennsylvania game and fish or whatever they call themselves.
Toledo scales

phugg a tape measure
we weigh about 200 does a year here on the ranch i havent looked at my records but just off hand i would say they have run from 110# to 145#, that is not field dressed,after they are skinned and dressed we weigh them again before we put them in the cooler. we also collect the lower jaw, and age each doe we kill.rio7
I shot an "average looking" mature doe with my longbow a few years ago. She was either 121 or 122 after field dressing and hanging overnight in a cooler.

Added: That was back home in Indiana...
dressed 138, bowkill. Killed a couple dozen dressed in the 120's, all in Middle Tennessee.
can't say,..but the oldest one was aged at over 9 yrs....
For giggles my family starting weighing most of our deer over a decade ago. We typically shoot 20 deer a year or more. A doe weighing 165 live is big. Anything more is uncommon. The two biggest does shot were each 190 live and they were HUGE. After weighing hundreds of deer I can count on one hand the does weighing more than 175 live. That's just the facts and my neck of the woods. I love shooting a few big old gals every year!!
Da bullshiit is strong on dis thread. A 400# doe my stinkin ass. If u gonna lie tell a belivable lie. Damn!
173 lbs dressed, Ft. Chaffee Arkansas, she was a beast.

Gunner
Whitetails here in S. Wis are at least as big as any I've seen in many other states. Biggest doe I've seen here was 170# gutted.
Most BIG "mature cow does" weigh around 150 gutted.
I would bet the majority of the does killed here are around 115 - 130.
We ran a research project on Fort Riley in Kansas back in the late 1970s in which we collected ten animals each month. We had several does that weighed 250+ lbs live weight. I think one was over 280, but that was a long time ago and I no longer have the raw data.
Mine biggest weighed 140#, field dressed. She was hanging around with 2-3 other does and their fawns all season and she towered over teh other does in that little herd. I witnessed her being a cagey and mean old biddy and decided the herd would be better off without her.
150 dressed with a bow
Shot one a few years back that would have gone 200 live She was huge.

Saw one last year I wanted bad. I was set up on a doe with two fawns and this really, really dark doe trots past the one I was fixing to shoot. The dark one was half again bigger. A mature doe with two fawns here will typically run about 150. I saw the dark one again last week in a hay field next to a 6 foot round bale, and she's every bit the size of a big buck. She's been hanging out in the vicinity of a new stand I built. I'll be on the lookout for her in a month or so.
140 lbs around here is real big. I had one weigh in at 147 lbs one time, but most run around 110-120
Was chastised in my younger days by my farmer kin, because I would not shoot a baldy. Then when I finally entered the slaughter fraternity in my 40s and began killing does, they criticised me for mostly shooting little fellers. I call 'em vealers and they're mighty tender and tasty.

One year I thumped a big doe running with two fawns of the year and a cousin agreed that I had killed a pretty big doe (for me, anyway). Would guess she went a good 130lbs, but I've seen a few that were bigger.

Got one out back here at home, that'd go at least 150lbs and she "rules the roost" in these parts. Lately she's been up on her hind legs doing quite a bit of boxing, when they come in to feed on our apples. She figures they're all her apples, apparently? Don't think I've ever seen a stouter doe in PA?

Having passed my mid-60s, the little fellers are looking good again. Not enough spunk nor knees left, to be dragging dead 130lb does around, when there are plenty of 80 pounders to be had.
My first deer with a bow was a for she was 197 field dressed shot her in the neck while she was lookin at me when I was 13
The biggest doe we have taken on our place in the past 6 years was a 157 lb (on the hoof) doe that a kid I take hunting killed. That is a big doe for south Arkansas...the bad part is that she wasnt the biggest one in the herd...she was the first one to turn broadside.
I've shot a couple of big bucks that crowded 300 real hard, live weight, and without a tractor and bucket, I probably could have got them into the pickup (I hunt family farmground).

Missouri grows some awfully fat deer when the EHD ain't bad.
151 dressed. She was a beauty.

You need to throw away the tape and use a scale....ain't no way a doe weighed 400 lbs nor is is likely 240. There's only two bucks that reached 400 and that was in MN and MI's upper penninsula....even then I think that was estimated after weighing them dressed IIRC.

[Linked Image]

And he's standing how many feet behind the doe? laugh
Originally Posted by M1Garand

[Linked Image]

And he's standing how many feet behind the doe? laugh

he is back there a lil bit
I killed several does in western South Dakota that exceeded 150 lbs.

TR

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Sherwood

TR

[Linked Image]

beautiful country right there..... cool
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

TR

[Linked Image]

Nice state too...
[Linked Image]

1143 lb. piebald.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
[Linked Image]

1143 lb. piebald.
lol!!,....dang you sheeellac't that one did'nt you!?... grin
ive shot a few that are considered big for maine. 144#, 156# and a bunch of 130-140#'s. in the late 80's my grandfather shot one 178#. these were all weighed and field dressed, no heart or liver.
I killed one that was 34 pounds.... but, on inspection it turned out to be a button buck.
Not myself, but the wife got one in Northen Minnesota that went 290 dressed. Guesstimate was about 325 live weight. Bigger than several bucks I have taken...
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
[Linked Image]

1143 lb. piebald.

Beautiful shot and trophy... smile smile smile
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

TR

[Linked Image]

ditto
[Linked Image]
Real men use real bows.
If I had doe tags this season I could have took a few nice does.

I had one standing broadside at 25 yards and she never saw me, California really needs to do doe tags.
Originally Posted by DEER_ASSASSIN
[Linked Image]

A Booner if ever there was.
My wife killed one that weighed 150. My best was probably around 130.
Not sure of weight, but this one was as large as a 136lb buck that I killed prior.

[Linked Image]

This one (next two photos of same deer (and my dad's first deer, the small one) was my second largest. She was blind in one eye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
One year one must have been a total of 80lbs because i threw it on my shoulder and walked out of the woods. frown thought it looked bigger. It sure was tender. was worried i would need to wipe the milk off its chin.

On the other end i shot an old bannana head that went about 160 after it hung for awhile. She snorted one to many times at me.
140 lbs. field dressed. She was by far bigger than any other I have shot in my part of Oklahoma---most run 80-90 lbs dressed.

[Linked Image]
My buddy NMSSHOOTER went bowhunting with a group in NW Missouri last weekend and sent me this photo of a big doe one of them killed. Maybe he'll chime in later with some details. He said it was much bigger than most bucks around here local.

[Linked Image]
Yeah. We was in NE Missouri and buddy joe shot this doe. This was by far the largest doe ive saw. I did see a few but didn't kill any of them. I would guess this doe to be close to 200lbs. We did. It have any scales with us so I can't say for shure.
[Linked Image]

this doe was 161lb field dressed, for size reference im 220lbs without all the clothes on. she was a prehistoric old nanny
I've shot a couple that were over 150# dressed. They were long nosed long necked old girls for sure. Dry as well, no fawns in tow so it's good to get rid of those. My dad nailed one that was 175 ish dressed (yep weighed it) and a heck of a shot. Off hand at 210 paces with a 700 Mountain Rifle, .280 Rem
Originally Posted by Stickbow
I've shot a couple that were over 150# dressed. They were long nosed long necked old girls for sure. Dry as well, no fawns in tow so it's good to get rid of those. My dad nailed one that was 175 ish dressed (yep weighed it) and a heck of a shot. Off hand at 210 paces with a 700 Mountain Rifle, .280 Rem

Wew that's about 420yards. Heck of a shot offhand. Now, the real trivia, when stepping off a pace(s), which foot do you step with first? wink
I shot a 180 in Illinois.
© 24hourcampfire