Home
I need another pair of cold weather pants or bibs as my old Cabela's pair is worn out completely.
Ideally, I want something warm enough for late season in WI, washable, quiet, and in muted or camo color. Water resistant is a bonus.
Any recommendations?
Are you a walker or stand sitter?
These will be for sitting on stand.
pickup truck
Originally Posted by slumlord
pickup truck
make sure the heater core is flushed out and operating at peak performance
Originally Posted by slumlord
pickup truck

I have found that I prefer my Tahoe over my pickup these days.

Heated seats!!
Did you three boys ride the short bus together this morning?
i really like my arctic shield. i would highly recommend it.
woolrich wool bibs.
+2 on Arctic Shield. Bibs are much warmer than pants as they cover your kidneys. Alot of blood flow through the kidneys, keep 'em warm and you stay warm....02.....
Sitka fanatics or incinerator i have fanatic bibs on rigjt now in the stand its 25a degrees and im super warm
I have a pair of range wool pants, Id look at these bibs . The pants are heavy,and very warm. Ive had mine for a long time and they hold up well. Very thick, like heavy quilts on your legs. One of my favorite items in my hunting costume when its very cold.
Ive had a pair of Weatherby brand wool camo hunting pants for several years. They have a windstoper type lining and Ive never gotten cold in them. I hunt in Northern MI, similar hunting conditions to northern WI.

I would say that I wish they were bibs vs pants. If my coat rides up while Im sitting my lower back can get cold in a hurry.
Looking at the ArcticShield H9 pro series bibs. Like the fact that I can machine wash them, which is something I couldn't do with my wool pants. Wool is excellent in every other aspect.
when the pick up tars are flat

I will wear 2 sets of medalist polypro undies and the latest/greatest $8 BDUs from Psycho Bob's Army Surplus.

phugga a bunch of bibs, ain't going out looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, have to take a 'coolie' with you just to assist in undressing when Mr. Dookie comes.

It won't be me that ends up ripping my $400 bibs on a thorn bush or exposed bolt on my climber and then cry about it. Try hiking 3 miles in wearing that chit. You'll have swamp ass in no time flat. Suppose you could strap em to your climber and hike in just base layers.

good luck btw
Cabelas wooltimate fleece.......Stuff kicks ass
© 24hourcampfire