Home
What do you guys use for saving your ears when you are actually out deer hunting? I've been using electronic muffs in the field if I think I am about to take a shot. But they are bulky. Has any one tried the in the ear type of protection?
I use them as often as I can since most of my hearing is shot, I bought a cheap pair in Walmart (Champion) that I like better than my more expensive Peltors.
Call ESP, Jack Homa in Colorado.

1-800-767-7791

There are many good choices in the line from analog, digital and the new super-duper digitals. I use them regularly while doing any hunting whatsoever. It's nice to be able to hear while you're hunting coyotes, birds or anything else, even though you may only get one shot.

You can amplify natural sound as well by adjusting the volume up. It's great to hear distant coyote packs howling, birds flushing to get a jump on the shot.

They are a must for any target shooting. Ability to hear range commands, traps going off, carry on conversations etc all while protecting your ears.

I love 'em
A Walker's Game Ear works for me for anything up to a PKM machine gun. Anything larger than that I wear muffs over the Game Ear. The only issue with them is a whistling noise from wind. If you are just sitting in a stand you can usually just pull a hood up enough to stop/turn the wind enough to stop the whistle. I just use one Game Ear in my left ear, and a Surefire plug, with the inner plug out for hunting, in my right. The unplugged Surefire is a tad loud, but way better than no plug, yet you can still hear, and the left ear of a RH shooter takes the bulk of the muzzle blast.
© 24hourcampfire