Home
Posted By: setch Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/14/14
I was thinking (again) about getting a beagle jacket and recently tried to pull up their website and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know what happened to Beagle Wool, are they out of business?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/14/14
Beagle Outdoor Wear....
Posted By: JDK Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/14/14
Originally Posted by setch
are they out of business?

Yes, they are.

Posted By: BWalker Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/15/14
No wonder given their prices.
Posted By: setch Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/16/14
Originally Posted by BWalker
No wonder given their prices.

That's makes no sense...they were no more expensive than Filson
Posted By: BWalker Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/17/14
But Filson is trendy/sold to yuppies and Beagle wasnt.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/18/14
Bummer! I had planned on buying one of their coats once my American made Walls coat wore out.
Posted By: setch Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/19/14
Originally Posted by BWalker
But Filson is trendy/sold to yuppies and Beagle wasnt.

There are plenty of trendy manufacturers out there with v. expensive, but hi-quality gear (i.e., sitka). I suspect part of the problem was that wearing wool is an acquired taste and there simply isn't as much demand for it relative to the newer types of outerwear. Either way, it sucks.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/19/14
look on ebay
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/19/14
Johnson is still in business, still American made.
Google it.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/19/14
I bought an orange Beagle hunting hat from a member here in the classified section a couple of seasons ago. Occasionally it gets cold enough to need such a thing around here. Very warm hat.

Hate to hear they have gone out of business.
Posted By: setch Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/21/14
I do watch eBay and have never seen any of the Beagle wool posted. Probably need to create & save a search.

I found Johnson...eh, likely headed to filson if I cannot find what I want
Posted By: NH_Sharpshooter Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/29/14
I have a pair of Beagle pants. They are the Stalker model I think. The whole "no layers needed" plan is kinda off, but they are well made. Only problem is I got them when I was chubby, so they are 38x32s and I wear a 34x32 now!
Posted By: penrod72 Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/30/14
Not surpirsed they went out of business - most beagles we had had pretty short hair, and making clothing from it seems like a poor choice. I'll stick with sheep and wool. wink
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 08/31/14
If dog hair was good for anything, I'd be a millionaire. My yellow lab is a dog hair perpetual motion machine. You can brush him until you pass out and not make a dent. When he shakes himself in the sunlight it looks like he has a golden aura surrounding him. I have a small fortune invested in various brushes and stripping combs. He just laughs.
Posted By: Wrangler13 Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 09/13/14
Not a surprise I lived in Johnson for a few years. I purchased a few guns from the former owners good people. Then maybe five years ago the place was sold to some flatlander who wanted to sell rifles at msrp. Knew it would only be a matter of time before they went under.
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 09/13/14
Originally Posted by Wrangler13
Not a surprise I lived in Johnson for a few years. I purchased a few guns from the former owners good people. Then maybe five years ago the place was sold to some flatlander who wanted to sell rifles at msrp. Knew it would only be a matter of time before they went under.

Actually it was sold to two local guys, one from Stowe and one from Johnson. I know both of them.
Posted By: setch Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by Dogballs

Actually it was sold to two local guys, one from Stowe and one from Johnson. I know both of them.

Maybe I didn't fully follow the thread. So you are saying Beagle was sold to the 2 local guys?

If so, what did they intend to do with that business?
Posted By: Dogballs Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 09/15/14
These guys bought the company 3-4 years ago, and closed it down this summer. I don't know the details but I'll find out. I heard they no longer get along but that's not confirmed.
Posted By: setch Re: Beagle Wool Gone? - 09/16/14
If you find out, let me know...
© 24hourcampfire