Home
For me it's my mid 50's M70 .270 fwt...here with a mn. last day, last minute sausage buck.
[Linked Image]
Remington M7 in 223AI

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

my lefty 6.5x55 remington
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My current favorite is my Stainless Tikka t3 270 win in these two pics.
[Linked Image]
1st generation Remington Titanium rechambered to .284 Win.

[Linked Image]
Remington Franken-Rifle in 7mm-08. Put it together for knock-around use and hunted with it a fair bit last year. Goes with me most everywhere outdoors. Model 660 action, 700SS 20" 7mm-08 barrel, McMillan M7KS stock, 700 ADL triggerguard.

Missed a little hoglet with it just yesterday. mad Ranging error on my part when I jumped out of the truck and shot...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

M700 in 7RM. Just had it cerakoted and fixing to put it in a Ti stock to cut some weight from the old HS. Nothing fancy, but one I'll never cut loose.

loder
7SAUM

[Linked Image]
Don't know that I can say it's my favorite, but it's the one I use the most. Rem 7 CDL in 7-08. The original 20" barrel was removed and an SPS take-off was installed and cut to 22".

[Linked Image]
Damn!! Only 1 lever gun?
Accuracy International 308

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Killing bucks since 1971: custom .300 WM.

[Linked Image]
dang - how many pages before a 99 will show up!
A lifetime of good memories attached to this one:

[Linked Image]
Interesting thread. I don't have a favorite rifle. I use em all.

I guess at the moment I MIGHT use my 308MTU contour 700 slightly more often than others but I enjoy using em all as much as I can.
Originally Posted by cutNshoot
Damn!! Only 1 lever gun?

Another favorite. 25-35 takedown...

[Linked Image]
My favorite is a custom on a mauser with a 30-06 octagon barrel and a upscale stock. I have taken game and varmints with it over the recent past years.

Here is a picture of the rifles barrel looking over some does in season on superb land.

I was hunting bucks that day.

[Linked Image]
Current fave is a Baco M70FWT in 270 Win.
[Linked Image]
But don't tell the old girlfriend, a M700 in custom stock in -06
[Linked Image]
My 2 favorite rifles�
"Hoyt Rifle" and my .308 win
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sweet!!!
First post here. This is my favorite, a Remington 7600 carbine chambered in 30-06

[Linked Image]
Welcome aboard TF.
That 30-06 Mauser custom is my open land favorite.

For woods hunting in land like VT with some steep hills and forest my favorite is my 99F .358 that I have used for the last 50 years.

It's lighter than the open land rifles and just optimum in my experience.

It's the 99 in the picture below.

[Linked Image]
A couple of #1's...

a .30-40 Krag in a Cabelas #1A

[Linked Image]

and a #1 Liberty .270:

[Linked Image]
Those are too classy for me. Beautiful rifles!
Originally Posted by humdinger

99-A 250-3000

[Linked Image]
Ruger 77 "tanger" 7x57

[Linked Image]

Gotta' love the Finnwolf...

[Linked Image]
A 673 Remington in .350

[Linked Image]

CZ 527 in .223

[Linked Image]

Here's mine, no field pics though !

[Linked Image]

It was responsible for this doe/buck double, 2 seasons ago !

[Linked Image]

& this guy, last season !

[Linked Image]

My son's got a cool lever too !

[Linked Image]

You may have seen this in last years Dink contest.

[Linked Image]
My current "Go to" rifle is this T/C Icon Weathershield, 30-06, Leupold VX-3 scope.

[Linked Image]
For over 30 years, I used a Remington 700ADL 30-06 with Leupold M8-6X scope and felled a lot of critters with that old reliable rifle.

Recently I bought a T/C Venture 25-06 and installed a Leupold VX-3 CDS scope. I'll be taking that deer hunting this year. No photos of that one yet.

KC

Here's my favorite: a custom Mauser .270 with a 2-7X32 Leupy in Buehler mounts. Have taken a lot of deer and pronghorns with it, but don't have a single kill picture.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by mudhen
Here's my favorite: a custom Mauser .270 with a 2-7X32 Leupy in Buehler mounts. Have taken a lot of deer and pronghorns with it, but don't have a single kill picture.

[Linked Image]

That's a nice looking rifle. I like the figuring on the stock.
M70 Fwt. 7x57

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You're required to disclose the chambering on the 99...
(I bet its a 308)
Hard to pick a favorite, but I like this one a lot...mainly because when I carry it I'm generally still hunting which I enjoy the most. It's a 21" barreled .358 on a M7 action in an edge fill stock. Got a new cerrakote coating this year but no pics of that yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You're required to disclose the chambering on the 99...
(I bet its a 308)

'Dinger,

You got it, pre mil savage 99c, over 60 years young !!

I don't hunt this rifle much anymore, but my Dad does, and it's by far my favorite rifle. I wish it could tell stories!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

30-06
Its not the one I use anywhere near the most (that honor goes to my .25-06), but my favorite is my 1899 in 303 Sav.
[Linked Image]
i'd have one if I lived in a free state that allows rifle hunting.
Gunnut

I love that buck in your pic. Very cool.
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Accuracy International 308

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Jeff, you look a lot like my brother-in-law, nice buck by the way.
Maybe not my favourite but close. One I like to pack when on the hoof after the whitetail. In this pic it is out on a moose hunt. Taken a couple nice bulls with it over the last couple years.

Remi 700 in the 100 Aniversery 30-06.

[Linked Image]

Or anyone of these off the bench at home lol.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i'd have one if I lived in a free state that allows rifle hunting.
Me too!!! It WOULD be this one, I have never killed a deer with my favorite deer rifle because I cannot use it where I live. [Linked Image] If you go by how often it is used...THIS is it! [Linked Image] The 99 is a 1959 EG, .308. The Hawken is a Cabela's Sporterized Hawken, .50. 240 XTP over 100gr. 777. Range was 148 yds.
Forbes 24b in 30/06. It has been a lucky one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wow. I have way too many that I have taken deer with. I generally kill deer with 2-3 different rifles every year.

I can narrow it down to 4 only shocked

My first deer rifle. Rem 141 35 Rem:
[Linked Image]

My favorite modern deer rifle. Sako Finnlight 7-08 with McMillan stock/fluted bolt and VXIII Tactical 3.5-10x40:

[Linked Image]

My favorite classic. Win 88 in 308. It now wears a new VX2 3-9x40:
[Linked Image]

And I can't leave out my Knight muzzleloader. It has taken many whitetail. It now wears a new VX2 3-9x40 HD:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No traditional leverguns because I kinds use them mainly for black bear now. Mostly 348 Wins and a 444 Marlin. Have taken plenty of deer with leverguns though......
.308win-Bat action-21" Batlien

[Linked Image]
Geez, nice neck hole.....
Nothing like a good pic of the barrel pointing right at your head laugh

Just kidding Stoney. Sweet looking buck right there. Canadian, I presume.

Don't hear of many BAT deer rifles. Details?
Borden Timberline 300wm........
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
H&R Topper in 30-30. 36" rifle for hunting out of pop-up blinds.
Works well to shoot out of those small windows.
[Linked Image]

Win 70 Featherweight in .270. Leupold VX-1 with LRD. Cerakote graphite black and Mickey handle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Luv my 722 300...

[Linked Image]
Current favourite, works OK for moose calves too!
Brno 22F 7x57 W/ Leupold 2.5x
Original Brno QD skeleton mounts, upgraded with single Recknagel trigger to replace the DST and three position Dakota safety to replace the original wing safety.
Handy, accurate, and elegant.
[Linked Image]
castnblast;
Thanks for sharing the photos of one of my favorite rifles. I even like the mods you've done on that one.... cool

To be honest though, I'm torn between what looks better in your photo - as calf moose is about the top of the heap when it comes to game meat that I've tried. That sir has the potential to be many, many fine dining experiences. cool cool

Thanks again sir for your contribution tonight, all the best to you folks and good luck on your remaining hunts this fall.

Dwayne
[Linked Image]

Here's my favorite: A Savage 99 in 308 WIN. It is my Opening Morning favorite. So far it has been around for 3 of my largest bucks. In fact, it only shoots bucks and then I put it away for the year.
This is my Winchester 94 Legacy which Dad gave to me in 1995.

30-30 is a keeper!

Sherwood

[Linked Image]
More than a few guys in this thread post pictures of a Savage 99 as their favorite deer rifle...Why the hell did Savage discontinue that rifle? Seems like it would be a good seller.
Most of my deer have been with "rifle"d slugs or muzzleloading "rifle" but here is my most recent favorite, actual, rifle.
M70 SS Classic 7mm RM, Echol's EDGE, PT+G Al bottom metal and VX3
[Linked Image]
Beauty Tim, what a classy rig.
Randy, thanks in part to your insight and advice. I am liking it!
100% lethal, 100% of the time.

[Linked Image]
1tnhunter, I think with the hand fitting required, the 99 was to expensive to make.. Had three at one time.. only one now...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BC30cal
castnblast;
Thanks for sharing the photos of one of my favorite rifles. I even like the mods you've done on that one.... cool

To be honest though, I'm torn between what looks better in your photo - as calf moose is about the top of the heap when it comes to game meat that I've tried. That sir has the potential to be many, many fine dining experiences. cool cool

Thanks again sir for your contribution tonight, all the best to you folks and good luck on your remaining hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Thanks for your kind words Dwayne. Alas, that calf was eaten up far too soon! Very yummy.
Regarding the mods to my rifle, I kept all the original parts and had the new ones fitted by Ralf Martini so that the originals could be replaced at a later date. I was very reluctant to do any mods to this old and classic rifle but this way I can have my customized rifle and the original too!
Originally Posted by shaman
[Linked Image]

Here's my favorite: A Savage 99 in 308 WIN. It is my Opening Morning favorite. So far it has been around for 3 of my largest bucks. In fact, it only shoots bucks and then I put it away for the year.

Hey - did you steel that out of my gun safe?

Nope - I just checked and its brother is still there.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
100% lethal, 100% of the time.

[Linked Image]

Caliber and bullet please?
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
1tnhunter, I think with the hand fitting required, the 99 was to expensive to make.. Had three at one time.. only one now...

Got too expensive to sell - too much hand fitting.

It doesn't seem like the browning BLR has filled the void and the price is high on that one too.
5.56 62 grain TSX or TTSX over 26 grains of TAC in a WW case, the semi auto is handy when a bunch of hogs show up, for deer I only lose one case.
My favorite deer rifle is a T/C Hawkens 50 cal with a 370gr Maxi-Ball and 90grs of FF. Not pictured with the deer.

[Linked Image]

Deer transported in the trunk of a 2007 Ford Focus. Who says you need a truck !!!!!! grin

[Linked Image]

Ken
I have a Saturn sedan that has taken many a deer on it's last ride including the buck in my avatar, killed last year. It was a bit of a challenge loading that one after dragging it 500 yards in a cold rain with a wrenched back. I don't have a field photo of it yet but I used my current favorite rifle, a LH 700 stainless with a Rock Creek barrel chambered by GAP.
Kimber Select in 257 Roberts.

[Linked Image]
I guess this would be my #2, a pre 64 M70 280 AI/MCM edge.

thanks folks for all the great pictures

[Linked Image]
M77 MKII Boatpaddle in the most awesome of caliber .270
Old grainy pic taken with my formerly awesome flip phone.

[Linked Image]
Most used rifles are a pair of Remington Model 7KS rifles, one in .35rem, the other in .350 Mag.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] .

most used muzzleloader is a TC .58 renegade.
[Linked Image]

I've decided I can't shoot a bolt action in the woods worth a sheit. I've been hunting Savage levers forever. This 284 has been producing for me this year, but any of them will work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Love the collection fireball,, I don't own any 99's myself,, but I can sure appreciate a fine collection of firearms like that.. Very nice.
Very nice! But you need a longer sofa.
Originally Posted by firearms44
Deer transported in the trunk of a 2007 Ford Focus. Who says you need a truck !!!!!! grin
[Linked Image]
Ken

Originally Posted by sambo3006
I have a Saturn sedan that has taken many a deer on it's last ride including the buck in my avatar, killed last year.

You can't go hunting without a pickup. It's one of the rules in the Macho Man Handbook.

KC

heres 3 of my favorites. t-b Ruger pre-warning Tang safety 300mag,Rem 700 BDL 270, Marlin 336 3030. But the 300 has to be my #1 fav for now

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Tanner
I don't hunt this rifle much anymore, but my Dad does, and it's by far my favorite rifle. I wish it could tell stories!

[Linked Image]

Great picture

Really enjoying this thread guys. Great pics posted.
That .243 Ruger M77 Compact Carbine w/Bushnell 4x32 Shotgun scope is DEFINITELY
my grandaughter's favorite deer rifle. Her first rifle and deer.

[Linked Image]

McGowen built Rem 700 264 Win Mag in a Boyd's laminate stock

[Linked Image]

Last years buck
[Linked Image]
Ruger 308 Hawkeye.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ruger Hawkeye .257 Roberts UL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Ruger No.1 .257 Roberts

[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/308LD/Ruger257s004_zpse1b5f475.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/308LD/Antelope2010028.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]

1949 production Savage 99 in 300sav. Didn't get it in the deer pic but it's in the fox photo.

[Linked Image]
Nice work, kid!

Another Savage to the list... my 22 savage hi-power is quickly getting to the top of favorites

[Linked Image]
Great looking 99!
I don't normally hunt with a rifle because I'm in a shotgun zone in MN but when I do, I use my Ruger M77 7mm Mag:

[Linked Image]

That is topped with a Leupold VXII 3x9-40 and shooting 140 grain accubonds.

I will have to admit though that my Ruger M77 22-250 is my all time favorite gun. That thing never ceases to amaze.
I'm loving all these 99 pics!
Nothing special just a old beat up ruger 2506 wearing Leo glass with some bedding work and a slicked over trigger had this rifle for 12 years.

[Linked Image]

This all the rifle I need to take Idaho big game.
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image]

1949 production Savage 99 in 300sav. Didn't get it in the deer pic but it's in the fox photo.

[Linked Image]

Extra style points on the 99 when you threw in the fox!

In Alaska?
Yeah Kodiak. We go about every fall and stay with some friends of ours who have a lodge down there. Usually like to hunt the rut in November but circumstances dictate that we go early this year, headed back on the 20th. Might leave the 99 at home though and take the 7 TCU bolt gun I put together last winter.
Same 2506.

[Linked Image]
Evan, in the previous pic I see part of a saddle. Is that a Tipton by any chance?
It's a herferd by textan

[Linked Image]

It's a cheaper saddle but has served me well bought it when I was 16 I'm 31 now.
Originally Posted by keystoneben
[Linked Image]

30-06

Doesn't get much better than that..
Originally Posted by Tanner

[Linked Image]

Tanner, that must be granddad's 300 pre 64 nice rifle buddy..
Evan, it looks good to me. You wouldn't want a different saddle at this point. I got a different one after about as long as you have had yours and hated it for a year. Took that long to actually get it comfortable.
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Love that top pic.

Travis
65x54
thanks. I've rode in lots better saddles but the cost about 6 grand. My saddle was much much less then that.
Evan, interesting way you attach scabbard. You being a young guy it is obvious you can swing your leg over that rifle butt. Now me, and older gent, I believe I would have trouble. laugh

Rem 700 30-06, VX-III 3-9x40, B&C stock painted by Rick Bin
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Terrible pic but.....Tikka T3 in .25-06. This gun shoots 120 Fusion's just lights out! Love it!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
what a brute! congrats!
Browning BLR '81 .308 Winchester with a new Leupold VX-2 2x7x33 scope. Bad cell phone pic...

[Linked Image]
handwork, love those fwt's of yours. And you put them to good use.
years ago there was a thread on here about pre-64s and condition. you know shooter grade, collector grade etc.

I don't remember who wrote this and this quote may not be verbatim but it was something like this.

"I'd love to be able to take a collector grade pre-64 and be able to hunt enough to turn it into a shooter grade"

It make a great signature line.
Kimber Montana 257R
[Linked Image]
lochsa, That's a stud of a whitetail.
He means no matter how it looks it looks better after its had the [bleep] beatn out of it.
I see I other use for these tools.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1957 Savage 308 EG

But any of these will work

[Linked Image]
Don't care for the 99's do you? grin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by billy336
[Linked Image]

1957 Savage 308 EG

But any of these will work