Home
Posted By: 300stw Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/18/14

Spent lots of time looking for deer and antelope last couple days,,

seen 35 or 40 mulie bucks, couple bigger, quite a few same size and some smaller ones,,
probably seen 300 mulies last couple days,,,

anyway, son gets itchy finger after looking these bucks over and making 6 or 7 long stalks,

probably 1.5 miles were watching group of 5 bucks, there about 351 yards , this buck is broadside ,, my son says hes gonna take him,, about then a golden eagle dive bombs the deer, pretty close to grabbing one of them, pretty cool,

we regroup move a little, set up at 345 yards and he sends a bullet from his 7 mag, 15 yards the buck goes and tips over,, 168 berger classic complete pass thru, pic is of exit hole

he bones the deer out and away we go, tremendous day to watch this 13 yr old kid show some restraint, make a great shot, and bone out his own deer, hes ready for cow elk next week

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: davidlea Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/18/14
I don't think it could get any better than that! Congrats to you and your boy. Go get that cow...
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/18/14
Well done. Congrats.
Posted By: wageslave Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/18/14
Very sweet.
Good job.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/18/14
Congrats all around!!! Nicely done.

Would have loved to see the eagle dive bomb.
Way cool stw. Nothing better than hunting with your kid!
thats great sir!
Good for him...nice shooting.
Posted By: RNF Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/19/14
Looks like lots of fun. Congrats.
Posted By: Chainsaw Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/19/14
Your Son Did Some Nice Shootin' On That Buck!!
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/19/14
Excellent! Congratulations to you and your young hunter.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/19/14
300stw;
Thanks for sharing your family hunt with us sir, it's great to see the next shift of hunters being successful afield.

Please send along hearty congratulations to your son on the nice mulie buck and doing the field dressing/boning work too! cool

As an aside he looks to be a skookum young man and since he appears to be trained to pack you're a blessed man indeed sir.

I'll send you a tip of the hat too for putting in the time and effort to ensure these hunts happen. Well done sir.

Thanks again for the hunt story, all the best to you folks and good luck on your remaining hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Posted By: 300stw Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/19/14
thanks for the kind comments,

i just got in from taking a young couple on there first pheasant hunt over pointing dogs, they got some shooting and harvested a sharptail, couple roosters and a hungarian partridge,,
they were like, i didnt know dogs pointed the birds like that so you can walk up and shoot them,,
i see they will keep bird hunting and maybe end up with a pointer puppy,,
i have tried to take my sons friends on these youth hunts for 3 years now and not one taker, kind of makes me sad, i see these youth of today that are sportsmen will be making decisions in the future that will effect me when i am older, i would like to see sportsmen make the "correct" decisions in the future,
anyway,
i told them i got to get home so we can get all the meat cut up today and get some sausage and jerky made,
i walked in the door and wife and son has everything cut and wrapped and all the rest chunked up waiting for me to grind it up,

there great help.,,,
Posted By: efw Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/20/14
Congrats to both of you that's awesome!
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/20/14
Congrats all around. Nice shooting!
Congrats!!!!
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/21/14
Congrat's to your son , looks like that DS pack is getting a good work out! smile
Congratulations
Very cool, congrats!
Posted By: SKane Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/22/14
Sweet! Congrats to the lad.
Posted By: 300stw Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/22/14
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Congrat's to your son , looks like that DS pack is getting a good work out! smile

probably wouldnt be many people would notice that pack,

he likes it its pretty light and 50 lbs isnt bad for couple miles,,,
Posted By: Scotty Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/23/14
Congratulations.
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/23/14
Nice!! Conrats...
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Montana Youth Deer 2014 - 10/23/14
Nice to see it in use!
© 24hourcampfire