Home
Posted By: DeerTracker Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
My wife has had to miss out on hunting this season up until this weekend. She has been coaching highschool volleyball and of course had tournaments and games every weekend. The season is finally over so we loaded the truck up and headed to Choteau for the weekend.

Saturday morning we woke up to -10 degrees and -35 windchill. We arrived at our spot and went to find a good place to sit at day light. Right at shooting time we saw a nice tall buck chase his does over the hill and we never saw him again. We stayed out as long as we could and finally gave in to frozen faces, fingers, and toes after a couple hours. We ran into town and had a quick breakfast and let our boots dry out.

We headed back out around 2:00pm. We pulled up to where we park and glassed the hill side before we got out to walk. My dad spotted a deer and it was the same buck from the morning. He chased his does within a few feet of the bush we sat in earlier. He started in our direction and Dad ranged him. I got Dusti set up with my Tikka 270 win and turned the CDS dial to 440 yards. He stopped chasing does for a second and was broadside. I told Dusti to shoot and heard the crack and watched him collapse in my binos. The 130 gr accubond drilled him through the shoulders and he never moved. All she could talk about was how nervous she was waiting for him to stop chasing. And she mentioned how simple my scope made the shot...so now she wants one on her rifle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

He was an old warrior. He had one eye poked out, scars all over his head, and when we skinned him, found bruises and puncture wounds all over him. Now I need to find the buck that beat him up!
Nice buck, that's a high rack, we have those in Kansas as well.

Congrats
I'd say you got a good one too!

Congrats to Dusti..

Mike
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Nice job, man!

And woman!

Posted By: Chainsaw Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Dusti, Nice Buck-Nice shootin'
Congratulations
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Good job coach!
Posted By: 30338 Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Great buck there, very nice shooting too.
Congrats to you both, that is a really nice buck!!
Posted By: roundoak Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Congrats to coach Dusti...nice buck.
Please congratulate your wife on a very beautiful buck. That is awesome!
Posted By: davidlea Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Great buck!! Congrats!
Posted By: SKane Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
That's cool. Congrats to the wife on a nice buck and good chootin'!
Posted By: ingwe Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Wow Cole! Thats a dandy! My pard killed a nice whitetail this weekend too, said they were rutting like crazy....
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Very nice!
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Nice and good buck also.
Posted By: pointer Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Very good buck, congrats! I'm thinking I would love chasing whitetails in country like that. Very neat all around.
Posted By: Robster Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
AWESOME buck!!!!! Congrats to her!!
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Nice dear..., and a respectable buck to boot! Congrats to both of you.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
They're both keepers.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Well done. Congrats.
Thanks guys! She is pretty proud and so am I! This is her biggest whitetail so far and her longest shot by far. I'm beyond blessed to have such an amazing wife that shares a love for hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. I couldn't be happier!
Congrats!
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Well done!
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
Awesome buck!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/17/14
NICE buck! Congrads to your wife!
Posted By: Scotty Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/18/14
Congratulations.
Posted By: Magnum_Man Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/18/14
Congrats to both of you DT, wondered where you been hiding. You find your sis a buck yet? Magnum Man ps it don't appear you have enuf snow yet.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Congrats to both of you DT, wondered where you been hiding. You find your sis a buck yet? Magnum Man ps it don't appear you have enuf snow yet.

Well we moved across the mountains and I just haven't had much time to hunt this season. Funny thing about this buck is, little sis and dad spotted him a couple weeks ago and she couldn't decide if he was "big enough" for her. Once she saw him in the back of the pickup, she was mad! We are headin back home Tuesday before thanksgiving and have Wednesday-Sunday to get it done! Hope to be posting pics of a few more bucks.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/20/14
Indeed! ;-{>8
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/20/14
That's a nice one, congrats.
Posted By: broomd Re: Wife killed a good one! - 11/20/14
Well done. Gotta love wives that love to hunt!
© 24hourcampfire