Home
Randy's show "Federal Premium's Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg" (replaced On Your Own Adventures) has been nominated for a couple of Sportsman Channel awards.

He has two nominations -
Best Hunting Show - Big Game (Vote for Federal Premium's Fresh Tracks with Randy Newberg)

And Best Host - Randy Newberg.

You can only vote once and you must vote between now and November 30th.

Vote here:
http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/vote/

Randy is a great guy, genuine and hunts hard. The quality of his video is only matched by Primos. I was talking to him just a couple weeks ago and he told me how he has to pay for rights to film, even on public ground. It isn't cheap and not all filmographers buy the permits.

I have no doubt his work is worthy of such recognition...
I voted for him. Best show out there.
I never realized BigFin was Randy Newberg! Guess I'm a little slow.

I voted for him. His is one of the few shows I'll watch. Good stuff.

Bill
Got my vote. Great show-hope he wins.
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Randy is a great guy, genuine and hunts hard. The quality of his video is only matched by Primos. I was talking to him just a couple weeks ago and he told me how he has to pay for rights to film, even on public ground. It isn't cheap and not all filmographers buy the permits.

I have no doubt his work is worthy of such recognition...

Shrapnel,
I hadn't given thought to the right-to-film aspect. Not surprising Randy is by-the-book.

He's a breath of fresh air in the hunting television category.
No made-for-TV fist pumping or machismo - just a good guy that doesn't take himself too seriously, doing what he loves doing and teaching/inspiring along the way.

One of the few shows I can stomach, no one holding his hand and saying "shoot the one on the left.."
Just voted. Love Randy's show
Just voted for Randy, thanks for the heads up.

mike r
Randy is a great guy and I thank him for all he does for the hunting community. Thank you RANDY!
I voted.

Thanks for the heads-up with the voting.

Randy has a great show, he gets it done right.
Voted - good luck to Randy.
Done! I didn't know big fin was Randy either.
Done
Voted... Randy's show is the best on TV IMO, plus he is a great guy to boot.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the support and the kind comments on what we do. Hope we continue to produce something you find worth your time to watch.

Been out chasing Montana mule deer for the last ten days and just saw this post. Mostly, been out trying to not get frostbite and doing experiments on how much abuse video cameras can take and still keep operating. Last Wednesday we that found the new Sony craps out at -14F with a 20mph wind. The batteries in all of them go from 300 minutes of capacity to dead in about a half hour when conditions are like they were last week. Glad I am not the camera guy who is paid to make sure that stuff operates under these conditions.

In spite of many challenges similar to those explained above, my wife will tell you that this TV show "Is the best job he ever bought." Point being, if you are going to start a hunting TV show focused on self-guided public land hunting, don't quit the day job. You had better love hunting and trying to tell a story of the average guy, no matter the conditions, no matter how many days since you showered, no matter how many days you have slept in cold damp tents, no matter how many re-hydrated meals you have eaten, no matter how much work is waiting for you back at the office, no matter ......; and I do.

Hope you all have/had great seasons. We are blessed to live in such a great country where anyone can be a hunter, own guns, and go to the public lands to get some of the world's finest protein.
Done awhile ago..Thanks for your work and dedication Randy..

and i aint talkin about the TV show. You've dove head first into some political chit storms and we do appreciate it.
You got my vote.

I watch all of your shows that I can. I ' believe' I recorded all of this past season.

Keep up the good hunts (work) !!

Jerry
DUN.

Keep up the good work Randy....
Originally Posted by oldslowdog

Keep up the good work Randy....

Thanks. We're trying out best to keep it up.

Since this is a deer forum, here is the result of the last two weeks of fighting bitter cold in SW Montana. First buck is a tank taken by a guest hunter friend from Oregon, in a general unit of SW MT.

[Linked Image]

Below is a buck I took in a limited entry unit in SW MT.

[Linked Image]
YOU SUCK! cry

Should I tell the network that? wink
I just called you a bad name...

but congratulations, anyway.
Originally Posted by ingwe
YOU SUCK! cry
Should I tell the network that? wink

Yep. Disregard the OP. Laffin.

Well done, Randy!
© 24hourcampfire