Home
Nothing too fancy here. Found this buck about hour and a half into the first morning in a secluded canyon a couple ridges over from a big bowl that holds a lot of deer, water, and feed. Bedded the buck up in some thick Cedars and left mid morning to go help a buddy pack his deer out to the road. We got back about 3 PM, set the spotting scope up and found him a couple hundred yards farther down the canyon bedded on a little bit of a rock outcropping. Winds were howling 25 to 30 in all directions. I cut across the bottom and went up the side he was on. Stayed above him and dropped down the finger past him as it seemed to present a better shot opportunity studying it through the spotting scope. Cut 1100 yards off of it and had a 237 yard Chip shot with a hard quartering 25 to 30� down slope angle. Got him gutted in the dark and came back the next morning to pack him out. Keep passing the "Ticonderogas"...

140 AMax started at 2750 out of a .260 EX Weather.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[URL=http://s770.photobucket.com/user/joshf303/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7f6614dc.jpg.html][Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/URL]
Very nice! Weather change a bit? wink
What a great deer and I really like your rig. Any details you can share on the bullet if recovered?
Photoshop...
Everyone knows dry one ply toilet paper will. Take a AMAX disintegrate...
Congratulations
Awesome!
Originally Posted by bwinters
Very nice! Weather change a bit? wink

Yeah it did!

As far as the bullet.....It didn't exit and I never found it. Clipped the spine going in and lungs were complete mush.
Very cool pics!! Great buck too.
NICE!

Cool
Congrats
One big Deer! Congrads!
Good deal. What state, Josh?
Nice. Well done.
Nice shot & deer
Very cool. Congrats! cool
Originally Posted by eyeball
Good deal. What state, Josh?

SE New Mexico