Home
I was deer hunting this morning and shot this coyote from my stand at around 130 yards with my Model 70 in 270 Win. Nosler 130 gr BT , never moved just dropped in his tracks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Nice. In all the years of deer hunting I think I've only ever seen 2 coyotes and never had a shot at them. I seem to need the dark to connect on dogs.
Looks like that coyote got just what he had coming.
And I didn't think you could kill anything larger than a chipmunk with a .270. grin Just kidding you there. What did you end up doing with it?
My brother 12 year old grandson took it and said he was going to skin it.
Shot one that looked like that the last year I hunted in PA, 1996 was the year and Susquehanna was the county.
Originally Posted by bbassi
Nice. In all the years of deer hunting I think I've only ever seen 2 coyotes and never had a shot at them. I seem to need the dark to connect on dogs.

Shot this one in Lima, NY last Saturday..............

[Linked Image]

My third one on the same property. Killed two others one morning and a doe, all with the ML'er.

[Linked Image]
Two more and you are an Ace, Larry!
Excellent work; keep 'em droppin!
Law, that one in your left hand is a whopper-Muddy
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I killed one in Colorado on a mule deer hunt back in the early 90's with a my Fred Asbell made Bighorn recurve too!

You MIGHT not recognize me in that pic........... smile
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I killed one in Colorado on a mule deer hunt back in the early 90's with a my Fred Asbell made Bighorn recurve too!

You MIGHT not recognize me in that pic........... smile

VERY classy kill!
Nice shootin'
Nice! I will always shoot one if I see it!
Tuesday must have been coyote day in SWVA, I killed one in Wythe county.
my hunting buddy got a Bobcat about 20 yards from where i took the coyote
I shot this rascal 2 weeks ago in Ky....in one ear and out the other.... cool

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Looks like he was keeping an eye out for something to eat...
OK, we are officially thru two weekends of gun season here in Alabama and hunters in our small group have taken three coyotes and had a miss on a fourth. Our trail cams are full of coyote and bobcat pics. One hunter saw a bobcat charge a doe and another saw a large coyote charge a doe. On a side note, the Hornady 45-70 FTX does quite and "inversion" on coyotes. Wish I had taken a pic on my phone instead of the guy who killed it.
When we have a mature cat come into the area, the deer become really edgy. Like nothing else.

Coyotes don't much bother the deer. I've seen yotes eating corn down south, in the roads along with the deer.
© 24hourcampfire