Home
Posted By: PWN Daughter's first whitetail - 11/26/14
This is Bailey's first whitetail. She has been hunting with me since she was 8 years old and has killed a blackbuck, axis, impala, blesbok and a black bear, but has never had a decent chance at a whitetail. Finally, at 20 years old and home from college for Thanksgiving break we slipped out for an afternoon hunt. I had seen this buck every afternoon for the past 3 days and hoped he would show up again. He did and she closed the deal with my Winchester M-70 topped with Khales 3x9 and shooting Hornady 165 grain factory Interbonds. The shot was about 75 yards broadside and she put the bullet through the lungs and top of the heart. She did most of the field dressing herself, but had dear old Dad pack the beast up a steep river bank back to the truck.

[Linked Image][/URL]http://[/img]

Perry
The look on her face says it all...good job Bailey smile
Congratulations!
My kinda story, indeed. Congrats to all.
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/26/14
Yep, the smile says it all...congrats!!!
Great going Bailey! Pretty buck and girl!
Way to go Bailey!!
Posted By: tmitch Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/26/14
Great job!! Takes me back a few years. My grand-daughter will be my next milestone.
Congratulations to Bailey !!

That's awesome.

Nice going Perry.
Congratulations
Awesome job!
Posted By: ScottyO Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/27/14
Way ta go young Lady,should make damed fine table fare...ScottyO.
Posted By: GRF Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/27/14
Awesome!
Congratulations to the young lady!
Posted By: SKane Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/27/14
Well done, Bailey!
Posted By: RNF Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/27/14
Great shot and congratulations!
Congratulations to both.
Posted By: DJTex Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/27/14
Whitetails don't come easy! Great job, and fantastic picture of the happy young lady and her buck!

DJ
Awesome! That's the way to start a Thanksgiving break! Congratulations to your daughter and to you for helping make it happen. Thanks for sharing the picture and best wishes for many more memorable hunts together.
Well done. Congrats.
Posted By: powdr Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/28/14
PWN what stock is on that gun and what caliber? powdr
Awesome. Congrats to you both.
Posted By: imgoofy Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/28/14
Well done, Congrats!!!
Posted By: tx270 Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 11/28/14
Great stuff!
Posted By: PWN Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 12/02/14
The rifle has a factory stock with pillar bedding that was primed when I bought it and I have never painted it. It is a 30.06 and has been used to shoot a pile of deer and similar game over the years. It has taken a beating in Sonora Mexico the past few years, but has never needed an adjustment to the scope as long as I don't switch ammo. I normally wouldn't take it as a gun for my girls as they are both in the "toy" class of women being under 5 feet tall and weighing less than 100 pounds, but the rifle is very accurate and the shot was from an enclosed box blind.

Perry
Posted By: AMRA Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 12/02/14
Congrats to all!
Congrats!!
Posted By: ckr Re: Daughter's first whitetail - 12/02/14
Cool beans and congrats! Always love when a plan comes together.
© 24hourcampfire