Home
Posted By: Ringman white face streak - 06/30/15
The other day I went scouting for deer in Eastern Oregon. Of course on the way I was looking for game. I saw a deer no more than 100 yards from the road out in the sage. As we went by it looked right at us. It had a white streak down the middle of its face like some kind of African antelope.

I wasn't driving so I didn't get to stop for a photo. Anyone ever see something like that?
Posted By: Fjold Re: white face streak - 06/30/15
All the ones with white faces run here have brands.
Posted By: Ringman Re: white face streak - 07/01/15
All the ones with white faces run here have brands.

Do they look exactly like deer in color and size except they have a white stripe down their faces and a brand?
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: white face streak - 07/01/15
Blacktails?

Piebald whitetails are fairly common in some areas. I used to see them at night near Dulles Airport when I was working. One looked pure white, but most looked like they'd been slapped around with a white paintbrush.
Posted By: Ringman Re: white face streak - 07/01/15
It was a muledeer. I did see a blacktail piebald in the trees on the east side just before mile post 41 on I5. I used to occasionally see them when I lived in Montesano, Washington. They were all blacktail deer.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: white face streak - 07/09/15
It's not uncommon to see whitetails with white markings here in S,Texas, but I have never seen a Mule deer with white markings. Rio7
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: white face streak - 07/14/15
Did it go Moooooo??
Posted By: mmgravy Re: white face streak - 07/21/15
I shot a four-point whitetail several years ago in western North Dakota that had a white blaze on its nose...
Posted By: sqweeler Re: white face streak - 07/21/15
My girl has a black streak.As you can see everybody get's along here.She has triplet's this year. [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: gremcat Re: white face streak - 07/31/15
Shot one years ago that had white streak down it's nose but skinny. No other odd markings. Decent deer maybe should have mounted.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MarkFed Re: white face streak - 08/02/15
I would have mounted him, nice buck with cool marking
Posted By: MarkFed Re: white face streak - 08/02/15
In northeast PA where I hunt there are a lot of deer with a black ridge of hair that runs down their spine. My last two buck had it.
Posted By: gremcat Re: white face streak - 08/06/15
Saw one that was really piebald but didn't shoot her. Buddy came to hunt and saw one he described looking like a zebra in the same heard a few years later. I have seen a few with the dark ridge. Killed a couple with big white circles around there eyes. All within a few miles of each other. Saw on that was almost black with the goodies spikes I have ever seen. They hooked forward like antennas and I alost laughed out loud at this little alien deer. Couldn't bring myself to shoot him even though he had the most unique hide I had ever seen and it was a nuisance hunt. Just to funny.
Posted By: gremcat Re: white face streak - 08/06/15
The striped deer came from about 30 miles away. I haven't seen any piebald in the last year or any unique markings. It's to bad I enjoyed seeing them.
© 24hourcampfire