Home
Posted By: roundoak Hung a buck up today - 08/15/15
The family and I were at the Warrens WI Cranberry Festival last September and while going thru the arts and crafts section, I spotted a wildlife print that caused a Deja vu experience. In my excitement, I blurted out...I was there...the artist must have been there! The vendor gave me a quick anxious look and the family members came over to see what all the fuss was about.

I explained to the family that this print depicts a hunting scene that goes thru my mind from time to time. The bog, brush, the single popple tree, it all looks the same. Although I have pics of the deer, this is like a video still shot of that moment when I took the shot.

Picked it up from the frame shop this morning and hung it up.

Three doe had crossed the clearing earlier and at the woods edge turned and looked back at their trail. A couple minutes later the buck and doe emerged. The print shows the deer closer than the shot I took from my tree stand which was a lasered 80 yards. Savage M99-A 250-3000 load with a Speer 87 grain bullet broke the near shoulder, got the lungs but did not exit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A shot from my easy chair. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/15/15
cool
Posted By: saddlering Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/15/15
nice and a great buck! savage 99s Rock!
Posted By: woods_walker Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/15/15
Enjoy the memory of your hunt and the "color" that the Artist's print provides. Kinda like twice the fun.

Posted By: NMSSHOOTER Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/18/15
Pretty neat story man
Posted By: SKane Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/19/15
Pretty cool to have the memory brought to life by a stranger.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/19/15
That is really neat!
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/29/15
Artist?
Posted By: Huntingnut Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/29/15
That's very cool!
Posted By: roundoak Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/29/15
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut
Artist?

Pat Ruesch
Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/30/15
Thanks. Local guy? His work looks familiar.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/30/15
Yes, he is a Wisconsin artist from Vesper, WI. At one time he was a dairy farmer, maybe still is. He has a wildlife management degree, therefore his keen interest in the fauna.

Posted By: Whelen Nut Re: Hung a buck up today - 08/30/15
He appears to know his subject area very well and knows how to present it.

Great find!
© 24hourcampfire