Home
Just a few pre season warm up shots. I took these photos on a large low fence ranch in SW Texas!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A few more!!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
No monsters just all solid bucks. This last one I named Elvis
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
sorry wrong place for this.
Cool shots, thanks for sharing!
Those are as cool as your Axis photos! Especially the one with the black framed face!
u need a bigger rifle 6.5 creedmoor sucks
Originally Posted by rockchucker
u need a bigger rifle 6.5 creedmoor sucks

LOL... What I need is permission to take a rifle and not just a camera. I'm headed down there in October to crawl up in a bow blind to take some more photos. The ranch is a huge low fence place with all native south Texas genetics. I hope to get some pics of some monsters!!
How about a few more!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
where most of us hunt thats more nice bucks than we will see in the next 5 seasons
Originally Posted by srwshooter
where most of us hunt thats more nice bucks than we will see in the next 5 seasons

I'm the same way myself, I'm friends with the guy that leases this ranch but it's way out of my price range. I think they have 75,000 out of the 300,000 plus acres on the ranch leased. I take photos there most years for fun and it helps the lease manager with herd management.

There are many bucks that I've seen and photographed that are 11-12 years old. I know this to be true because they have 1000's of photos of these deer and it's easy to identify many of them year after year. The country isn't very pretty to most folks, just cactus and mesquite but to me it has a rugged beauty.

I'll post some of this years photos in October but I'm not likely to get back down and photo the rut in Late December. Thats when the big deer really get to moving and fighting. I'm also going to try and shoot some video this year but I'm still learning so it will likely be poor quality! Later Folks.
Great pics! Most every one of those bucks is bigger than all but one whitetail I've seen live, in person.

My oldest leading us back to the cabin the first year he tagged along with me.

[Linked Image]

Seems weird, but I now mostly hunt out of state for myself and hunt in state for/with the boys...
Nice bucks for sure, and great pics. Ought to be a banner year for TX bucks, both whitetail and muleys.
Bucks that my sons and I took at our camp a few years ago...
[Linked Image]
Do you guys do any shed hunting on that ranch in Texas? That would be a grand time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here are the three I will be looking for in a couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by jimy
Do you guys do any shed hunting on that ranch in Texas? That would be a grand time.

Yea they do every year. Then they pile them up and take a photo of them then post the photo on line and let a bunch of kids guess the number of sheds and the closest one to the correct number wins a free managment hunt for a buck/hog/and other critters! Good Folks
Lots of nice bucks folks, keep em coming.
This proves life is not always fair!
© 24hourcampfire