Home
Posted By: Sharpsman Chariton County Missouri - 09/28/15
Just talked with a buddy of mine from Sumner, Missouri and advised that apparently CWD and Blue Tongue are working hard to wipe out the deer population there! Said dead deer are being found by many of his buddies!!
Posted By: SKane Re: Chariton County Missouri - 09/28/15
Ohhh, that's no good.
I have heard the same story several times in last week.

Dink
I hunt Chariton County, but fifteen or more miles from Sumner, maybe further. EHD is always a problem, but CWD hasn't been an issue where I hunt, at least so far.

I saw several deer while there for a family reunion in early August.

Friends of mine in neighboring Randolph County have been killing a lot of deer with their bows. Saturday night a buddy of mine counted 30 deer, bucks and does, in one field!

Lots of deer die every year by EHD, but the overall population seems to be able to sustain the losses. The place carries a very large deer population. It's a rare year when I don't get a deer there, and I've been hunting there all my life. I moved away from Marceline 40 years ago, but I've only missed deer season about 5 times.
linn county is getting hit as well
Posted By: Hugh Re: Chariton County Missouri - 10/02/15
Found a dead buck in the water locust creek last week .
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: Chariton County Missouri - 10/02/15
Come on guys your killing me. Here I hunt in Daviess county not to far from there. We have had big die offs 2 of the last 3 years. I hope we dont get it again.
Posted By: mohick Re: Chariton County Missouri - 10/04/15
Yeah hear tell from friends up that way"stackin em up like cord wood"
© 24hourcampfire