Home
Posted By: Gatorpoint Best trail camera - 06/12/16
This may be a Ford, Chevy, dodge question but I have had the same cameras for several years now and have some new land and need to incorporate a few new cameras into the mix. I have been out of the loop if you will these days. Mainly using over feeders in wooded areas. Not to concerned with video. Heard good reviews of the Browning cameras. Any input would be appreciated.
Posted By: TJAY Re: Best trail camera - 06/12/16
www.chasingame.com

Check out how they all rate.

I have a few Bushnells that work well for me.
Posted By: huntsonora Re: Best trail camera - 06/12/16
The new Brownings are the bomb. Batteries last forever and the pictures are fantastic
Posted By: SCSportsman Re: Best trail camera - 06/12/16
Originally Posted by huntsonora
The new Brownings are the bomb. Batteries last forever and the pictures are fantastic

^^^ This. Had great success with the Brownings. They are compact as well, so easy to conceal.
Posted By: Gatorpoint Re: Best trail camera - 06/13/16
Bought 2 Browning Strike Force HD Elites today. We will see. Thanks again!
Posted By: centershot Re: Best trail camera - 06/13/16
I have a couple Covert MP6's. Simple to set up and use, take good pics. I like them but have not tried many others to compare.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Best trail camera - 06/13/16
My newest bushnell black flash take horrible night pics compared to the old ones...

I need to find a deal on a pair of brownings and see how they work if they are black flash.

My old bushnells did well in AK last fall at night with wolves and grizz on a moose gut pile. The new ones would have sucked....
Posted By: cfran Re: Best trail camera - 06/15/16
Recoynx.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: Best trail camera - 06/17/16
What model brownings are you guys running?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Best trail camera - 06/17/16
I've been using a Stealthcam 42, and am pleased with it. I added a 45 model a couple weeks ago. Battery life and reliability seem fine. Price is moderate
Posted By: JSH Re: Best trail camera - 06/19/16
Have also had great luck with a Browning, can't remember the model and don't have the box handy. Good battery life and clear photos.
Posted By: vabowhntr Re: Best trail camera - 06/25/16
For your application, if you're only taking pictures, many of today's cameras will do a good job. The Bushnell's have excellent battery life and trigger time on pictures, not so good on video. I have a stealth cam G 42 I picked up last year, which takes very good video as a decent trigger time and the batteries seem to last quite a while. The only problem I've had with it, is the size of the video files are several times larger than the Bushnell's. That tends to fill up SD card faster. I don't have any first-hand experience with the Brownings but the have had good reviews. I like the Primos proof cam three, but be careful with the battery compartment on it as the terminals can be fragile. Trigger time is about quarter second on pictures, but over two seconds on video.

One thing to think about, if you have bears in the area, I would get a no glow camera and put it as high up in the tree as you can pointing down at the feed. Bears can be very curious about cameras that have a red glow and tear them down to investigate.
Posted By: powdr Re: Best trail camera - 06/29/16
The Browning's seem to be holding their own w/all the others. powdr
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Best trail camera - 06/30/16
Is this the Stealthcam you all like best?

Stealthcam

Stealthcam G42

[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire