Home
Getting ready for this upcoming season to start and got the call from the taxidermist today.

He's not real tall, but he's got good width and some character. His teeth were worn completely flat and were about the thickness of a nickel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Cool deer!
Interesting configuration.....

Darn nice buck!!
wheres that damn like button smile
Nice.
Very nice.
Very nice buck cool
Fine critter!
Thanks fellas. My youngest son was with me, but he had already filled his buck tag. We were out that evening hoping to see some pigs and he came out right before last light. First time we had seen him all season, never showed up on a camera either.
Very nice! What's the inside spread measure?
Certainly no issues with pulling the trigger on that one. Good deal.
Nice work by the taxidermist too!
Nice Buck! That's a crazy drop tine.
Originally Posted by smokinggun
Very nice! What's the inside spread measure?

Inside spread is just shy of 22".

thanks again fellas. The local taxidermist did a great job he's won a lot of awards for his birds, but does a great job on big critters too. He's doing some restorations for our museum and has a huge wolf in there now. Very cool to see up close and amazing how large it is.
I'd really like to put a drop tine buck on the wall someday. Cool deer and a nice mount.

Fantastic!
Really cool looking buck!
Nice! Congrats
What part of Texas Ryan? powdr
Originally Posted by powdr
What part of Texas Ryan? powdr

About 20 miles east of Snyder.
That animal has a lot of character. Good one.
Nice wide buck!
Rhyan, I was coaching in Vernon in 1980 and Snyder came up to scrimmage. Boy, what a blood bath. Almost ruined our season. We got 4 hurt and Snyder limped home too. I coached 15 more years and never saw another scrimmage that could even come close to it. powdr
Real good buck, thanks for posting.
Nice looking buck.
+1,,,,hard to wait a year to get'em back eh?
Deer of a lifetime!
Thanks everybody. He was actually the first deer I've taken in 3 years. I've turned into a "guide" for my boys. They shoot the deer and I shoot the pigs. But, as I mentioned before, when we saw him and my son's tag was already punched, I decided it was "dad's turn". Ha.
congrats on a great buck!
Originally Posted by SKane
Cool deer!

Absolutely.
Yeah, that's a nice looking deer.
Great buck!
That old boy has some character!
© 24hourcampfire