Home
Posted By: jeffbird RFI - California Deer Hunt - 10/07/16
Anyone have suggestions for a deer hunt to take an 11 year old nephew that lives in L.A. over the Christmas holidays?

Thanks.
Think you'll need the Governors tag for any hunting that late. Everything around here closes the end of October.
Thanks Higbean.
Might take him pig hunting. Bear might still be open then.

He just wants to go hunting, so either would work. Did not know there were pigs in California now. Do you have any info or recommendations for someone to arrange a hunt?
Not really Jeff as I've never hunted that far south. You might drop Salmonella a pm and see if he does. I know it can be pretty good around Paso Robles and San Jose.

Could always chase coyotes. Lots of them around there. If you were gonna be closer I'd take you guys pheasant hunting. Always cool to see a kid get started hunting.
Thanks Hig.

Tejon Ranch. The Jack Ranch. Google central coast wild boar hunting.
Minumum age for anyone to hunt big game is 12 also. Just a heads up.
Originally Posted by daddie63
Minumum age for anyone to hunt big game is 12 also. Just a heads up.

Does that apply to pig hunting too? They are not regulated as game animals here.
Calif requires a hunting license and tags for pigs.
For the Paso Robles area contact Kyler Hamman at boaring.com
I've hunted with him several times. Good Guy.
Tejon Ranch is only a little North of LA for pigs, etc.
Posted By: Grand Re: RFI - California Deer Hunt - 10/10/16
Jeff: I'm in Bakersfield. About 90 minutes north. I've got a place to shoot. If it works out my 15 year old and I could have you up for a day. Some small game and quail.
Thank you very much Grand, that is a very kind offer. Once the dates for our visit are set, I will send you a PM. Lots of good folks here. 👍
© 24hourcampfire