Home
This year we just weren't seeing any deer in the areas that were full of em in years past. Most all the deer we saw taken were very small bodied young spikes and forks. My dad and I finally went into an area where I had seen a number of elk in years past and hit the ground. Kicked up this Monday at 930. He ran across in front of me at about 40-45 yards and with a solid hit he was dead and down within 20 yards.
I made a choice a long time ago that I didn't want to shoot very young deer on the idea that a few years will give them a chance to grow and breed so I am thankful to have found and taken him. I am also going to Indiana for a white tail hunt next week so I felt that while I want meat I have a good chance of harvesting a nice buck there. I'll add a picture shortly.
little late but...I have a heck of a time resizing pictures.

Attached picture Will Deer 2016 side (3).jpg
Attached picture Will Deer 2016 (6).jpg
Well done.
Nice work!
That's a great buck! Thanks for sharing.
Nice buck.
Thanks guys.
Nice buck!
nice buck. what rifle/load?
Heck of a buck!
Remington model 6 pump 30-06 with nosler ballistic tip 180 grn bullets. Using AA3100 these loads are as good as it gets shooting sub MOA. Thanks
Wow man very nicely done! I am headed west TODAY in hopes of something nice like that to bring home!
Originally Posted by willflow
little late but...I have a heck of a time resizing pictures.
Attachments
Will Deer 2016 side (3).jpg (219 downloads)
Will Deer 2016 (6).jpg (108 downloads)

Remington model 6 pump 30-06 with nosler ballistic tip 180 grn bullets. Using AA3100 these loads are as good as it gets shooting sub MOA. Thanks [quote-willflow]

I'm trying something that I don't know will work.

Anywho - Very nice buck. I like you rifle toooo.

Jerry
© 24hourcampfire