Home
Posted By: RandyR I finally did it! - 11/18/10
I am a leveraction owner. I never thought it would happen. The 338mx arrived today. Now if only there was some ammo locally!

Cabela's backordered mine.
Posted By: DonWard Re: I finally did it! - 11/19/10
Pretty neat rifles and they can perform. We had a writer out shooting with us this summer and here's a 7 shot group fired with the Marlin 338MX after we set up a scope for it. He fired one shot prone with a sling every hundred yards starting at 100 and ending at 600. He shot twice at 500, we didn't call enough wind and the first one at 500 is the shot out to the left. Its a 10" orange spot. 2 shots had the same impact point but I don't remember which.

Have fun!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RandyR Re: I finally did it! - 11/22/10
That is a heck of a group with a lever gun. Was he using factory ammo or handloads?
Posted By: Mossyoak1957 Re: I finally did it! - 11/23/10
Originally Posted by RandyR
That is a heck of a group with a lever gun. Was he using factory ammo or handloads?

Don't mean to brag...lol here is 4 shots from my new Marlin 1895 ABL 45-70 "Lever Gun" out of the box, mounted a 4x Leupold scope and 15 minutes later I had this with the last 4 shots 50 yds. Ammo Federal Fusion 300 gr.

I know I couldn't do this at 5 or 600 yards like DW but I love it when guys say lever guns aren't as good as a bolt gun.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RandyR Re: I finally did it! - 11/23/10
I sure hope Lever Guns are as accurate as bolts at least at the distance I want to use mine.

Hopefully I will have it ready for our late doe hunt.
Posted By: DonWard Re: I finally did it! - 12/09/10
Originally Posted by RandyR

Factory Leverevolution. He shoots with a tight sling hold and it works great for him but the zero is substantially different than when you shoot of a regular rest due to the tension.
Posted By: nhFrank Re: I finally did it! - 12/09/10
I have a 336 in 35 rem and up to about 150yards its a tac driver with a chepo 2,5 sports veiw
Posted By: RandyR Re: I finally did it! - 12/10/10
Finally shot the 338 with Leverevolution on Sunday and my best group at 100 yds hung right around an inch.

I am pretty happy so far.
© 24hourcampfire