Home
Posted By: Smiley1954 Marlin 39-A mountie - 09/24/12
Testing the waters for a friend....Have an old girl, 1957 with old foggyed Weaver scope and going to move. Think there might be any interest? It is used but appears not to be abused.
Pics available before I hit classifieds and boards to sell. [email protected]
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 12/24/12
Sent you a pm.
Posted By: Smiley1954 Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 12/25/12
Mountie was sold
Posted By: TomC321 Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 01/02/13
I suspect you didn�t have any trouble selling the Mountie. When I was a youth I had a few friends with 39A�s. My decision was whether to get the 39A or Mountie. I went with the 39A. I put so many rounds through it that the accuracy had fallen off. After I retired I happened to find a �69 vintage Mountie. It looked great and I grabbed it. Testing it against the old 39A, the Mountie was significantly more accurate. That finally pushed me over the edge and I had the 39A rebarreled at the factory, which just happened to be a couple of years before the Conn factory closed down. Now accuracy between the two of them is fine. And they aren�t for sale.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 01/03/13
Mounties are GOOD property! Jack
Posted By: Joe_S Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 03/11/13
Ive got one. Has a forward mounted scope on it. The barrel is actually drilled and tapped. It shoots good at 50 yards with that little 2.5x weaver. I love it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: TomC321 Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 03/11/13
Originally Posted by Joe_S
Ive got one. Has a forward mounted scope on it. The barrel is actually drilled and tapped. It shoots good at 50 yards with that little 2.5x weaver. I love it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A forward mounted "scout" scope, in QD mounts, while retaining good iron receiver sight sounds like a very interesting idea.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Marlin 39-A mountie - 03/16/13
Very nice. I have always liked the Mountie!
© 24hourcampfire