Home
Posted By: cowboy77845 327Federal - 12/10/16
Does anyone have any experience with a Marlin conversion to 327 Federal?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: 327Federal - 12/17/16
I intend to buy the Henry 327 Federal when they release it later this year. Sorry I can't help you with the Marlin.
Posted By: Frontiersman Re: 327Federal - 12/28/16
I asked Brockman's of Idaho to do one for me a few years ago and then moved before I got it accomplished.

I can tell you he said he had done several and that it would still feed .32 H&R just fine. There would be no change in markings on the barrel or otherwise visible signs of the alteration.

I have read on more than one occasion, that they will feed and fire .327 as is. I have not investigated this. Perhaps they came from the factory with a generous throat, but I want to cast the chamber before I try it.

I was still planning on the alteration until I found Henry is going to produce a .327 in 2017. Henry's are fine rifles. I think I will go that route.
Posted By: cowboy77845 Re: 327Federal - 01/02/17
If I had known about Henry doing a 327 I would have delayed my purchase. Ranger Point Precision is putting one together for me using a Marlin 94. Should have it by February. I have a revolver in 327 and am excited to get a rifle in the same caliber. My other combinations are 44 mag, 357 mag and 454 Casull.
© 24hourcampfire