Home
Anybody have one for sale in 30-30 or 35 rem?

Thanks
Mike
Mike ya jumping the Fence on us?????? grin Just kidding ya Bro, My eye wonders from time to time also! John
John

Not me.Always wanted one.16" barrel,you can understand.Its a trapper thing. grin In 35 Remington.Nice little Gun.

Mike

Ill keep my eyes open here in Mi. for ya!
Aside from the safety, is there a difference between the Marauder and the 16" LTS? I have an LTS I found in a pawn shop. I do not know much about Marlins and am curious.

Thanks.
Mike, was in Cabelas in Dundee Michigan today they have 3 marlins in 35 rem on the sale rack all nice shape, but no short barrel ones, give them a call prices were not to bad ! John
Thanks John

I am only looking for the Marauder in 35 Rem.Dont have room in the safes for any more Marlins wink

Mike
MIke, there were two on gunbroker.com this morning
Thanks
Will take a look

Mike
Hi Mike - take heart - just keep your ear to the rail.

It took me a few years to find an authentic 35Rem Marauder that was for sale but I did finally. I bought it recently from the original owner. He bought it new in 64. I won't receive it for a while as it's in the export/import pipeline.
"Aside from the safety, is there a difference between the Marauder and the 16" LTS?"

No I don't think so - except that the Marauder came in 30-30 AND 35Rem and was made in 63 and 64. The 336LTS was only issued in 30-30 I believe for two years in the late eighties. I have one and use it when handy carry is paramount.
Savage99358: I have one in 35 Rem. Really nice gun, actually. Whereabouts in NY are you located? I'm in the Hudson Valley.
Missed two on Cabelas this week. madI want a all original in 35 rem.I would buy a 30-30 if it was right. I guess I have to keep lookin.Thanks for the info.

Mike
Originally Posted by Whelen_B
Hi Mike - take heart - just keep your ear to the rail.

It took me a few years to find an authentic 35Rem Marauder that was for sale but I did finally. I bought it recently from the original owner. He bought it new in 64. I won't receive it for a while as it's in the export/import pipeline.
"Aside from the safety, is there a difference between the Marauder and the 16" LTS?"

No I don't think so - except that the Marauder came in 30-30 AND 35Rem and was made in 63 and 64. The 336LTS was only issued in 30-30 I believe for two years in the late eighties. I have one and use it when handy carry is paramount.

Thank you sir for the reply, I had been wondering.

Mackaysagebrush
I have one of the LTS models and other than the crossbolt safety and square lever I think they are basically the same gun. I have read Marlin made about 2700 of the LTS models but have never read the number of Maraders made. My LTS is the only one I have seen, but have seen 3 Maraders. Two in .35 one in 30-30.
This may be one of the ones you already looked at, but this one didn't sell. If you were interested you could contact the seller and see if he stills wants to part with it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=102265147
The 35 Marauders are one of the hardest Marlins to find. The 30-30s are rare enough, but I have only ever seen one 35 Marauder. Good luck with your search. They are neat rifles.
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
The 35 Marauders are one of the hardest Marlins to find. The 30-30s are rare enough, but I have only ever seen one 35 Marauder. Good luck with your search. They are neat rifles.

This is the only one I've ever seen, that's why I bought it.
[Linked Image]
WOW! Thats a beauty.

Mike
Mike going to a show in the AM, Ill keep my eyes open for ya!John
Thanks John. If you see a T in 22Hp let me know also. grin

Mike
I have one of the LTS models and other than the crossbolt safety and square lever I think they are basically the same gun

True nuff - I forgot to mention about the square lever difference. Yep my LTS has a square lever and my Marauder has a round one.
Mike no Marauders a nice 32 336R tho! And guess what NO 22hp Ts but there were 3 22hp takedowns grin Ill hook you up with a T after I get Mine! grin John
John
Thanks for checking.Will talk to you soon.

Mike
I just got one of these and never knew what it was. My buddy just called me to tell me about it. Mines in 35Rem and its in pretty good shape. Dam I almost cut it down to put a recoil pad on it. Thank god I left it orginal. I guess not too many were made. What are they worth? I love the gun. Its light as all hell. I got some dies and hope to try it soon.
I never understood the self imposed prohibition about changing a rifle's configuration. I modify my guns to fit what I want them to do, or look like.
I don't buy collectibles, but shooters.
Amen Sam!
Saw one on the Cabelas web site today but it was sold already, did you get it Mike???? John
© 24hourcampfire