Home
Posted By: LCHunter1 Marlin 336 ADL value??? - 12/22/09
I just found this forum and was happy to see a section dedicated to Marlin rifles. I'd like to get an idea from those of you who are Marlin 336 lever afficionados as to the value of a gun I picked up years ago from a private party in Virginia. It's a 336 ADL in 35 Rem with somewhat fancy, checkered wood, swivels and in about 99.9% condition. I really doubt that it's fired more than a box or two of ammo. It has open sights and a front sight hood. From the web I found that it was made in 1952. It is not tapped for a scope and has a low-comb stock and original buttplate.

I appreciate any input you can provide. Thanks
Does it look like this but with a longer barrel?

[Linked Image]
Does it have the rounded front sight hood?
Does it have the old type square swivels? There worth a 100.00 a pair.

If it's a real deluxe in 99.9 cond. IMO it's worth 500.00 and up.

Would love to see a picture of it!
Posted By: LCHunter1 Re: Marlin 336 ADL value??? - 12/22/09
Yes, it has a 24" barrel but no raised comb. It does have the round sight hood. I don't think I have any swivels for it. I'll have to look around...I seldom store swivels with my rifles. I'll try to put a photo with this, but I'm very new to this sort of thing. Thank you for your reply.

[Linked Image]
That looks like a deluxe to me.Very nice wood! And in 35 Rem. that's a plus.
I paid 700.00 for my Deluxe about two years ago,maybe a little high but I really wanted it....lol
This is what the old swivels look like that came with the 336 deluxe,they also came with a sling.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LCHunter1 Re: Marlin 336 ADL value??? - 12/22/09
Hi. I'm so glad you posted that picture of the swivels. I do have those swivels. I had to look but there they were. As to the sling...well I've got a number of those, but I know none of them came with that gun when I bought it.

35 Rems aren't that popular here in Oregon...but they should be especially over on the densely forested coastal areas where they get a lot of close range shooting.

I sure appreciate your time and information. It was very helpful.
© 24hourcampfire