Home
Posted By: Bruzer Extended Mag Tube for 308MX??? - 12/03/10
Does anyone make an extended mag tube for this rifle? If so, could you please forward their information.

If not, who is the best "Lever Smith"on this forum? Considering some mods to my new acquisition.

Thanks

Robert
Check out the Marlin Owners forum for the best info on anything Marlin. www.Marlinowners.com
Thanks...I joined but haven't received a response from anyone.

I did however locate a gunsmith who said he could weld 2 tubes together under the forearm to give me the look I was after.

Robert
What about the current look don't you like?
I'd look for a longer mag tube first, welding 2 tubes would be a last resort for me. Marlin Owners is the place to go for this kind of info, use the search tab for "extended magazine" etc. I'm working on a project gun that started with a 336XLR in .35 Remington. I'm having the barrel cut to 18.5" and a new dovetail cut for a longer mag tube which I ordered from Numrich along with a new spring. The gunsmith said 2-3 week turnaround so I should have it all put together by the end of the month.
The tube is short and hung differently than any other Marlin for long range accuracy. You'll sacrifice accuracy for looks.
Why bother???
© 24hourcampfire