Home
Story is in the deer hunting forum, but this morning I used the 336 R.C. chambered in .35 Rem that my grandfather left me to take a beautiful central NC 11 pointer. The gun was made in the late 60's. It has a Weaver V4.5 II on top. I was using 200 grain Cor-lokts and the range was 17 yards. BANG! FLOP!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5833294/NC_11_Pointer#Post5833294
nice buck ... classic rifle ... awesome caliber
Very nice.
Very nice buck. Hundreds of thousands of deer have been taken with that rifle-cartridge combination. Heck, probably that many in Pa. alone!
Thats awsome.
This should be a sticky on HUNTING RIFLES FORUM. Post this over there please and let those Micky stocked Ti lovers eat horse apples.
LOVE IT.

Perfect.
Originally Posted by ringworm
Thats awsome.
This should be a sticky on HUNTING RIFLES FORUM. Post this over there please and let those Micky stocked Ti lovers eat horse apples.
LOVE IT.

Don't forget the Savage 99 lovers.

Doc
Nice photography too. Well done.
Well done.
Really nice. Have an old 32 Special going out tomorrow for does. Hope to find a close one.
Thank you for the cool pictures.
great lookin buck, with a classic combo.

congrats!
Wow, what a nice buck, rifle, and photo. Congrats. The .35 Rem is such a great cartridge. PH
Awesome! i just bought a 336 in 375win, have to wait to next year to give it a try but im psyched its my first 336 but probably not my last....
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

I agree. Nice photos.
Originally Posted by siskiyous6

What a buck! +1 on the picture. Where did you hit him?
High in the shoulder. If you look closely at the picture with the deer facing you, you can see a leaf just below the rifle lever. Went in there, came out just behind the right leg.
© 24hourcampfire