Home
Marshall Stanton has posted some interesting articles on his web site. www.beartoothbullets.com. The articles on the 444 and 30-30 that he recently worked on were thought provoking reading. Marshall is a "shoe string budget" guy and his ability to make something of use out of junk impresses me.

Jeff
I've been reading his stuff for a while now. He's finally convincing people about the 444 that I've known for years. He is a HUGE fan of it and so am I. It is a much more effective round than people give it credit for(when the proper bullets are used). Marshall writes good stuff, backed up by facts/experiences, that's how all gun writing should be done, but we all know this isn't the case. Take it easy---2MG
Chalk me up as another fan of 1) his writting, the tech notes are great. 2)his bullets, great hardcast and 3) his site i split my time between here and shootersforum.com real nice place
When I wanted to buy some 300 + grain 444 bullets, he was unable to keep up with demand, so I bought some from Leadheads. I used his data, though and found an accurate load that pushes a 310 gr hard cast, gas checked bullet at about 2200 fps. NO leading or smears around the ports of my Marlin 444P. SW
I added Beartooth to my quicklinks - good selection of products.
Now, which caliber to start with.
© 24hourcampfire