Home
Posted By: 79inpa marlin .357 real world price - 05/08/14
If I found someone that was selling a marlin lever gun in .357 what would be a good real world price for both a dealer and a private party.
My dealer sold me one for $475 last fall. He treats me VERY well though.

Many dealers are unaware what Marlin 1894 in 357 are selling for on the internet sites. So many are to busy running their businesses to spend time shopping the Marlin market place.

Any Marlin 1894 in blue finish under $800.00 is likely a deal, the stainless "JM" stamped Marlin in .357 over the last 2 years have been selling from $1,800 to $2,600 on Gunbroker. GEEEZZZ!!!

A private seller unaware of the present DEMAND of Marlin .357's is an exercise in patience on your part waiting for the right gun for a $$ purchase price based on the guns condition.

I was on the hunt for a Marlin 1894 in .44 starting last January.
Not being impulsive on the auction sites I ended up with a Marlin
1894 in .44 with "Pistol Grip" for the price of a standard 1894.

Doc

It's been a long time since I have seen one for under 800.00.

But I suppose it does depend on what world you live in...
Posted By: Ward Re: marlin .357 real world price - 05/11/14
Those prices really surprise me. If someone offered me $800 it would be about like the day a guy kept offering me more for a Savage 99F (not the clip model) in .284. There's a price point where any rifle I own will be sold and you're talking about that territory for about any modern 1894.
I bought my 1st year, pre-safety, .357 last year for $500.00.
[Linked Image]
FB2, what is the scope? sure looks nice on the marlin
I love this one with the 16 1/4" barrel. You can almost fit it in your pocket...

[Linked Image]
That looks handy. What sights?
XS
Nice. Thanks
Originally Posted by deerstalker
FB2, what is the scope? sure looks nice on the marlin

It's a compact Leupold of 2.5X IIRC. Perfect for my use of the rifle.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I love this one with the 16 1/4" barrel. You can almost fit it in your pocket...

[Linked Image]

That's a great photo Scott. Well done.
Posted By: Joe_S Re: marlin .357 real world price - 07/12/14
Steelhead,
That picture almost looks painted... Great shot!

I have bought two pre-safety 1884 357's in the last 2 years. Both were about $500.

I bought a 1894CP a few weeks back for $350. Deals are out there. Just gotta be ready when you find one. If you "think about it" it will be too late. There are certain guns that if i find for certain prices, they get bought without any hesitation. A 357 marlin for under $600 is one. A 45 H&R Classic Carbine for under $250 is another, and a 45 or 357 Ruger single action (especially old model) for under $350 is another.
I like the XS sights and use them on a 336A 30-30. I have a Williams FP on one .357 and it works well so I don't want to fix what aint broke. I have a back up .357 though that I want to give the XS treatment to.

The XS front sight is superior in low light as compared to the Marlin brass bead.
Originally Posted by Joe_S

I bought a 1894CP a few weeks back for $350.

You SUCK!:)
Originally Posted by woods_walker

The XS front sight is superior in low light as compared to the Marlin brass bead.

That vertical white stripe rules in low light, doesn't it?
Yep!
so a like new 1995 model 357 might be worth 500?
My brother cowboy action shoots. He says they are very expensive. Over $800.
Buy it now or regret it later.
Posted By: jt402 Re: marlin .357 real world price - 09/03/14
As described, $500 is a steal!
Another cross-bolt model just sold locally for $450.00 + tax. That's 2 crossbolts and my pre-safety that sold for less than $500.00 out of the same store in the last year.
These are just what I know about.
© 24hourcampfire