Home
Is it poseabile to get a 3 pound trigger pull on a 336. are there after market parts for this? Does anyone now a good gunsmith that can do this?
Thanks
Posted By: JBLEDSOE Re: Marlin 336 trigger pull - 06/07/15

The Marlin trigger is one of the easiest and simplest of rifle triggers to tune. I can do one in about 15 minutes. Any good gunsmith can do one in short order.
Thanks
Posted By: driftless Re: Marlin 336 trigger pull - 06/13/15
My gunsmith has made two of my 336 into A very nice 3 1/2 to 4 pound pull, and said that was as low as he would go, seems he making 50 dollars for 15 minutes of work.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Marlin 336 trigger pull - 06/14/15
Another option is the Wild West trigger.

Easy to install and a quality product.

DF
Is the Wild West trigger a drop in job that even a rookie like me could handle?.................Thanks Hb
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Marlin 336 trigger pull - 06/15/15
I've done a couple and it wasn't a problem.

I'm not a smith, but have some experience with such stuff.

I don't think it would be a problem if you have some skills with such stuff.

Factory triggers flop around more than these. These are easy to adjust and the results are worth the cost and trouble, IMO.

DF
Posted By: wayno945 Re: Marlin 336 trigger pull - 07/02/15
Yes, it will take 15 minutes at the most. Super easy.

Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Is the Wild West trigger a drop in job that even a rookie like me could handle?.................Thanks Hb
I installed a Wild West trigger & reduced power hammer spring in mine. Now have a nice 3 pound trigger pull
I took a look at the Wild West trigger and it looks nice but it is mighty pricey........I installed the Wild West magazine followers in My 336 and 1895 and am very pleased with the quality of the piece so I'd guess the Wild West trigger would also be of very high quality.........Hb
© 24hourcampfire