Home
Thinking of mounting a Vortex Viper 2-7x32 on my 336 using weaver base and Burris Signature Zee rings in medium height. However, I'd like the bell of the scope to be close to the barrel and wondering if it will be too high using the medium rings. Burris doesn't make those rings in low height.

Thanks,
Mike
I would say it will be to high. I have used Burris Zee rings in low on the Marlin and felt they were to high.
I would agree with driftless, Burris medium ring is too high. Here is a comparison of a Weaver low ring (#49030) with a Burris Zee low ring (#420083).

The minimim thickness of the Weaver saddle is about 1/16".
Minimum thickness of the Burris saddle is about 1/8".

[Linked Image]

Overall profile of both rings.

[Linked Image]
Thanks, I ordered Talley lightweights. If they aren't low.enough, I'll go with the old weavers.
I have used B-Square and Warne low height rings with the Weaver base on a couple of 336s.
I have the lowest ZEE rings on my 336SC, and they're just right for me and my fat face. For a akinnier person, they might be too tall. I have an old M8-4X on my rifle, and it clears the barrel handily, but not too high more ME. Again, your mileage might vary a bit.
I have Talley Lightweight lows with a Burris 2x7x35 on a M336 .30-30 and there is just enough room to get a lens cover on without touching the barrel.
Originally Posted by MOGC
I have Talley Lightweight lows with a Burris 2x7x35 on a M336 .30-30 and there is just enough room to get a lens cover on without touching the barrel.

That's exactly what I hoping to hear. Thanks!
© 24hourcampfire