Home
I didn't know Marlin offered a guide gun in 35 Rem, until I looked at one yesterday. It is slick little gun with ported barrel and 18.5" barrel. It has been fired,but does include the box. I would say it is 95%+, it was manufactured in 2000.

What kind of value would this gun be worth? I plan on using it and shooting it with cast boolits.
It is an individual seller and he is asking $800. I thought it was really high, but I have never seen a factory guide gun in 35 Rem.

Thanks for your input.......
Posted By: g5m Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/09/15
Link:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/35-remington/181223-best-35-a.html

see post # 9.

Looks rare, and very desirable.

If I wanted one (or had one available) I'd scrounge the bucks as you'll probably not see another.
Posted By: rem141r Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/09/15
$800 is about right. i'd snag it. i have one and it is superb. i also have the stainless 35 guide gun SS LTD. it is even more superb.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/10/15
They only made 500 of them in 2000. Another 500 in SS in 2005. I have one of the SS versions. Good guns, but many would look at them as collectables rather than shooters.

$800 is probably a steal.

Mine alongside my 1894 in 44 mag

[Linked Image]
Thanks for all the info. I am tempted to bite the bullet and put it in the safe.
Posted By: Huntz Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/10/15
That would be way cool!!!
Thanks for the info again, the little Marlin is now in my safe. I now have to decide if I am going to keep it in the box or use it as a shooter/hunter.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/29/15
I'd shoot it, hunt with it and enjoy it. That's what they were made for and life's too short to worry about the value of fired versus unfired...
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 11/29/15
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
I'd shoot it, hunt with it and enjoy it. That's what they were made for and life's too short to worry about the value of fired versus unfired...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yeah, that. There are millions of Marlins out there, and they're built for use.
Posted By: WFR Re: 336D 35 Rem - Guide Gun - 12/07/15
Originally Posted by Brown_Bass_Hunter
Thanks for the info again, the little Marlin is now in my safe. I now have to decide if I am going to keep it in the box or use it as a shooter/hunter.

Glad you were able to get it!
I'd use that rifle on a regular basis.
The .35 is a great caliber for your area and that one would be dependable and durable.
As long as you don't abuse it you're not going to affect the value on it.
Congrats!
WFR
© 24hourcampfire