Home
Posted By: JSH Skinner Sight Question - 01/16/16
I am beginning to play around with a Marlin 336C in 30-30 and would like to try a version of the Skinner Sight. It would be great if I could keep the original front sight and am wondering of those who have tried them if you had to change to a different front sight for elevation? I would most likely be shooting factory equivalent 150/170 gr loads for the most part.
I see the 'Express' version is a bit lower and might be a more likely match. I can't decide which version I prefer for looks between the shorter and longer so the likelihood of keeping the original front sight might be the deal breaker.
Any real-world experience?
No experience with a Skinner - but I'll bump it to the top for you.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Skinner Sight Question - 02/03/16
If you go to the Marlin Owners site and ask, there are men there who can definitely answer your question.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/

Quite a few there like the Skinner receiver sight.

L.W.
Posted By: jkingrph Re: Skinner Sight Question - 02/04/16
I have a Skinner on one Marlin, a 1894CL in 32-20 and I did have to go with a taller front sight. In all honesty you probably will, but try it with what you have first. I did not like the thin blade of the Skinner front so found a 3/32 brass bead Marbles in the correct height.
I just ordered the Express version for my 336BL for that reason. All the research I did pointed to the Express being your best bet for keeping your factory front sight.
© 24hourcampfire