Home
Posted By: sealyon 348 Win ammo - 02/10/10
Parted with my 348 some time ago. Now I find I have two partial boxes of factory ammo. Can't date the ammo but one box (Rem 200 gr.) is marked $6.46. These are the old green box Rem Hi-Speed with the 200 gr. soft point Core-Lokt. I have one box of 16 loaded rounds and 4 empties and another box of 17 empty cases. Any idea what they are worth? Should I just take them to the next gun show and shop them around? Hate to keep them laying around but I don't think they would be worth shipping fees.
Posted By: ken458 Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/10/10
I figure .25 - .50 cents each for the empty brass (depending on how clean it is), and $2 each for the loaded rounds.
Posted By: Odessa Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/10/10
There is a guy at the Dixie Gun shows (Raleigh NC) who wraps nice old vintage boxes of centerfire ammo in saran wrap and asks $30 - $40 dollars per box (and I see him get it!) Most of his are 40's & 50's boxes.
Posted By: Mak Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/11/10
Sealyon,
What kind of condition is your ammo in-in other words, is there any corrosion, dents or dings, or any reason other than age why the ammo would not work properly?
Posted By: sealyon Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/11/10
Ammo is in good condition. Maybye the brass is dulled a little but other than that they look ready to go.
Posted By: Mak Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/16/10
Well, Sealyon, I might be interested in purchasing those rounds from you. Actually use Remington brass for my light 200 gr. loading, but all this brass is now sporting a bright, shiny expansion ring, so it is now limited to posterity. Would be interested in getting more.
Maybe we can work out a deal.
Posted By: sealyon Re: 348 Win ammo - 02/17/10
Mak PM sent----I think---comp. beating me to death tonite
© 24hourcampfire