Home
Thought this would be the best place to ask. So I know that factory hornady leverevolution brass in 444 is slightly shorter so if you go to reload the brass it can be a problem with a bullet other than the flex tip. Just picked up a 35 Rem and wanted to get some factory leverevolution to shoot because of the good reviews but was wondering if this brass is also a little short to reload another bullet type. Anybody have any experience with this. Gun is a 760 pump.Thanks.
HHhhhmmm, might have to take my chances.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I don,t see those cases interchanging in either direction
I guess I wasn't clear. Those who have fired a factory leverevolution ammo in 444 and then tried to reload the hornady 444 Marlin brass with a different bullet (besides the flex tip) usually have a problem due to the brass being shorter. Especially with crimping. I was wondering if there might be the same problem (short brass) if I bought some factory 35 Rem loads and then tried to reload them (for a 35 rem) with a different (non-fex tip)bullet. Hope that makes sense.Thanks
Measure the case length. If it is not more than .010" shorter than the drawing above, your standard bullets will work. Some of the Leverevoltion case are much shorter. I don't know about the 35 Remington ones.
Just went and checked. Hornady leverevolution brass and Winchester brass were the same length. You're good to go!
Thanks Steve, just picked up several boxes of the leverevolution. Will be reloading them afterward.
Hornady sells the gummy tips as components. If you like them, you can reload them.
© 24hourcampfire