Home
Is the 235g .375 dia. Speer Semi Spitzer suitable for use in a Savage 99 .375 Win.? Are they too tuff for the velocity of the .375 Win.?
I bet they are tough, being designed most probably for the 375 H&H. But then again, do you need them to expand? A 3/8" hole in anything will kill it! wink
You could buy a pistol bullet hollow pointer and both lighten up the weight and toughness.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/371968/forster-universal-hollow-pointer-1-8
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You could buy a pistol bullet hollow pointer and both lighten up the weight and toughness.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/371968/forster-universal-hollow-pointer-1-8

Fine print says not for use with jacketed bullets.
I always throw my Excedrin away when the expiration date is passed too. wink
Well I got some coming. We're gonna see how they work.
Please don't neglect to post results .
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Well I got some coming. We're gonna see how they work.

They are a pretty tough bonded little bullet, get you a Lee factory crimp die and crimp em pretty hard as they don't have a cannelure and shoot for shoulders. cool
Yeah I got the Lee FC Die when I ordered. To me those dies are worth every penny. The 235's I got are vintage, as in come in a cardboard box. Also got some vintage 285's in the deal. Anybody need those?
Those 285's may be the old style Speer Grand Slam bullets, if so, they were very good bullets for heavy game in the 375 H&H. smile
Originally Posted by magshooter1
Yeah I got the Lee FC Die when I ordered. To me those dies are worth every penny. The 235's I got are vintage, as in come in a cardboard box. Also got some vintage 285's in the deal. Anybody need those?

^^^^^Look here Mart^^^^^smile
Did you get a chance to try them? I have a .375 win barrel for my Encore and these look promising.
I haven't tried the 235's as a buddy gave me some Hornady 225's. The 225's shout into about 1" at 100yds. Which I deemed 'good enough'. I did manage to find some (2 boxes) Hornady 220's too. OS if you want the 235's I bet we could make a deal.
© 24hourcampfire