Home
Posted By: Gristle Am I in the ball park? - 12/13/14
So I have a Marlin 1895M in 450 Marlin. I bought it new around 2000. It has the ported barrel and is JM stamped. I may have shot 1/2 a box thru it in 14 years. I also have around 25 rounds of the 350 grain flatpoint bullets for it also.

I have been kicking around the idea of selling it here lately. I do not have the box but I do have the manual and the other stuff that came with it. It is in like new condition with a minor safe ding on the butt of the stock near the sling swivel.

Just going by Gunbroker, I am thinking that market value is somewhere around $650 -700. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: Am I in the ball park? - 12/13/14
The ported barrel may bring the price down. JM guns are getting higher prices than the Remlins. How much the porting affects the price depends on how bad someone wants it. Put it on at the price you have in mind and let the market decide.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Am I in the ball park? - 12/13/14
i'm thinking thats about the retail price these days of the gun you describe. if you want to unload it quickly, knock off $75 or so. the porting is not a problem to a lot of folks, me included.
© 24hourcampfire