Home
Posted By: McInnis Reloading for a Henry - 05/27/15
I bought home a Henry in .45-70 today. Wondering if anyone knows if I can use reload data for a Marlin 1895 for it?
Posted By: McInnis Re: Reloading for a Henry - 05/28/15
Since no luck here so far, I tried to answer my own question. I went to Buffalo Bore's website and they show that their "magnum" 45-70 loads is OK for Henry lever action rifles. From that I would take that the Henry action is in the same category of strength as a Marlin. Does that make sense?
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Reloading for a Henry - 05/28/15
I would agree, The Henry model H010 rifle is extremely well made and should be of at least equal strength to the Marlin 1895.........Good luck........Hb
Posted By: sharpsguy Re: Reloading for a Henry - 05/30/15
Your best bet is to contact Henry and ask them.
Posted By: McInnis Re: Reloading for a Henry - 05/31/15
And this is what Henry would say, along with just about every other gun manufacturer (taken word for word from Henry's owner's manual):

"ALWAYS USE ONLY CLEAN, DRY, HIGH-QUALITY, COMMERCIALLY MANUFACTURED AMMUNITION IN GOOD CONDITION AND APPROPRIATE TO THE CALIBER OF YOUR FIREARM. Gun and ammunition manufacturers design their products within exacting engineering safety limits. Handloads and remanufactured ammunition are sometimes outside those limits and could blow up the chamber, bolt and receiver of any firearm and cause injury, death or damage to property."
© 24hourcampfire