Home
Hello all
I got a thumper last winter and have started playing with it as weather allows. It is my first peep sight ever. I have been having trouble with blurry sight issues I hope to fix by going to single vision glasses.

I have been having vertical stringing issues with all my shots being low. I see no way to adjust the rear peep for vertical. Am I missing something or is the only way to file down the front sight or adjust my sight picture within the ghost ring?

I am hopeful I can fix the stringing by clearer sight picture and more practice, as I really don't want to scope this gun. I have adjusted my loads from min-max and all are low with a 405 cast and 3031.

I have to say it is a very fun gun to play with and I am glad I finally made the jump to a big bore gun!
What brand peep sight do you have? Some brands the ghost ring unscrews to raise your group and screws in to lower the group. If you have one of those, yours may be screwed all the way down, making your group low.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, tell us the brand and maybe someone can help you.
It is the factory peep. (ghost ring) it has two screws that appear to control windage, but I haven't torn into anything yet as I am so early in the experimental stages.

I am just a smidge left of center, no problem that amounts to anything there.

I've just gotten started, yesterday I went hotter on powder amount hoping to shoot higher... no dice
Is it like this?

http://www.xssights.com/Hunting_Rifle_Sights_pr-8209.aspx
Bingo 10 gauge thank you bunches. Probably was in the owners manual but I bought with laundered "husband money" and had them keep the box to allay suspicions! The owners manual stayed in the box...

Now about those old and blurry eyes... any solutions??? Thanks again, I am back in the game!
Have you tried both sizes of peeps sent with sight?

Directions?? Who reads them sumbitches!!
I just got one peep, MAYBE I should have brought that box home???

I had my new toy south of you a bit @ Bull Shoals and felt like it was perfect in those thick woods where 50 yards is a bit of a poke. 100 is out of the question in almost all woods environs.

I like the ghost, just need to get better at it.

I adjusted based on your link, now just waiting for some spring weather to re-appear.
I noticed a lot of people shooting ghost ring sights that have problems with them are closing their non dominate eye while sighting through ghost ring. Keep both eyes open and your dominate eye will center in ghost ring. Just considerate on front post.
© 24hourcampfire