Home
Posted By: Orchemo 375 Win - Winchester vs Marlin - 03/01/17
Let's say you had 2 Winchester and 2 Marlins.....you only want to keep 2, which?

Marlin or Winchester?
One of each?
Or just keep two of each
Add 2 Savage 99's, a Brushgun and an A model.
Already have a 45-70 Guide gun and a Marlin 338 ME

All bases covered
Originally Posted by Orchemo

All bases covered

You need to go back and read the chapter on loonyism. grin Where you see coverage, others see deficits.
Whichever happened to shoot better. I had a Marlin 375 once that shot 5 to 6" groups with Factory ammo. Didn't keep it. If it shot 2MOA I'd still have it.

Marlin for me.......

much easier to clean.....pull down & polish innards.....
I've always liked Winchesters better. Thinner, lighter, better looking and tougher/more trouble free. Back when I was doing general gunsmithing we kept ejectors and extractors on hand for the Marlins. Nothing for Winchesters because they very rarely break anything. That said, I do like the Marlins plenty too and since both of my Winchesters are top eject and I don't care for the later angle ejectors, today I'd have to pick a Marlin simply because of the easy, central scope mounting. I'm getting old and my eyesight just ain't what it used to be.
The Marlin factory is still there
Originally Posted by North61
Whichever happened to shoot better. I had a Marlin 375 once that shot 5 to 6" groups with Factory ammo. Didn't keep it. If it shot 2MOA I'd still have it.

I only had one Marlin .375. Don't know if it was the rifle or me but it shot about like yours. All my other Marlins and Winchesters shoot much better.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Orchemo

All bases covered

You need to go back and read the chapter on loonyism. grin Where you see coverage, others see deficits.

I like your style sir.
© 24hourcampfire