Home
Posted By: r08ert209cali Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 11/06/09
Co worker sold me a Marlin 39 TDS for $80. Bought it for a beater to throw in the back of the Jeep. Then looked around for reviews wich lead me here(great forum by the way) and found out how much it is worth smirk Took it out to deer camp this past season and shot it a bunch. Shoots great with the cheap 4x scope I put on it. Action needs some work to smooth it out. Fun little rifle that is worth the $80 I paid for it but not the $600 plus they sometimes fetch. I think I will keep it for what I bought it for. At least it brought me to this great forum for that I am gratefull.
Posted By: 3sixbits Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 11/07/09
So why not spend some money and buy a good scope? I put a Leupold rimfire 2x7 on my 39A. It is a delight to use.
I put a fixed 4x bushnell banner on it and to tell you the truth the scope is really bright. Dont see a need to upgrade as it will tumbling around in the back of my CJ7. I was thinking of taking a 2-7 redfield off my 30/06 brush gun but I am happy with the bushnell.
I have good glass on my 10/22T for target shooting,the TDS is more for squirrel blasting already got a limit with it. It is pretty accurate.
Posted By: RJM Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 11/10/09
I just paid $500 for one with some rust damage on the barrel and was happy to get it at that price. The last one with no case in nice condition I saw sold for $600 and mint ones with case will bring pushing $800...Bob
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali
Co worker sold me a Marlin 39 TDS for $80.

THIEF... grin
Posted By: RJM Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 11/12/09
Shot mine today...fun shooter but is going to need a peepsight and a finer bead up front...

Bob
RJM,

I put a Williams peep with a fiber optic fron sight on my Marlin Mountie.

It's a great combo especially for "older" eyes. (I'm 57)

The fiber optic really shows up well.

Virgl B.
Originally Posted by RJM
I just paid $500 for one with some rust damage on the barrel and was happy to get it at that price. The last one with no case in nice condition I saw sold for $600 and mint ones with case will bring pushing $800...Bob

I just got one for $380 that had a few rust spots on the outside of the barrel and lightly inside the receiver. The bore is really nice though. Is there anything I can/should do to fix the corrosion economically? About what should it cost to have it reblued or is that likely necessary?
soak the area in clp and hit it with a nylon brush.after a couple times you should be fine and not need a reblue.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 02/09/10
Got mine for free.I guess their worth about $90
Posted By: TomC321 Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 02/09/10
I got a 39M a few years ago for $350. I feel they are too small for a normal scope, but they are made for a good receiver sight. I put a Williams Foolproof on it with an XS Systems square post front. Sweet little gun. It has become my favorite rimfire.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Scored a 39 TDS For $80 - 02/09/10
Originally Posted by winchester70
Originally Posted by r08ert209cali
Co worker sold me a Marlin 39 TDS for $80.

THIEF... grin

Agreed! I am just jealous because I never find those deals.
© 24hourcampfire