Home
Does anyone sell a kit?

If not how much taller does the front sight need to be?

Which is the best make and model for a 39M?
Not sure if a kit is availble, but I put that set up on my 39 Mountie.

Am thinking I went a little taller on the front sight.

Great combo. I have it on several other lever guns also.

Virgil B.
I believe the bead front sight that Marlin puts on is .250". I used a .300" XSSystems front post with a Williams FP on mine and that setup worked well.
Williams makes a rear peep that bolts into the rear scope mount holes on a Marlin 39.

Have also used the Williams "guide" peep on a Winchester 94-22, that clamps to the scope grooves.

Virgil B.
OK, I will start there.

Thanks.
Any receiver peep sight that allows the horizontal sight bar to lie against the receiver top in it's lowest position, like a Williams FP or 5D side mount, or a Lyman, etc, will allow the rifle to zero using the issue height front sight blade.

However, if a top-mount receiver peep sight is mounted, that carries the aperture higher in the lowest position, like a Skinner, XS, Williams WGRS, etc - the resulting higher line-of-sight will require a front sight blade about 1/10" higher than issue, in order to zero the rifle (it will shoot too high with the issue front sight).

DB...if you have a Mountie then the side of the receiver should be already be D&T for the side mounted receiver sight. It is much better than the ones that mount up on top...why Marlin stopped D&T the side I am sure was just a cost cutting measure but it sucks...

I put the Williams FoolProof on my 39TDS 16.5" which is just like the Mountie but with a 3.5" shorter barrel. Just left the stock front bead in place.

Bob
© 24hourcampfire