Home
Posted By: WFR My two most recent 39's - 09/29/11
I picked up both of these within the last year for decent prices.
They're not safe queens and have some "love" on them so i won't mind toting them afield.
The 39A is a '66
The Mountie is a '67 (my birth year)
I also have a very nice '69 Mountie and a '70 Centennial Mountie.
I was lucky enough to find both with the correct front sight hood and hammer extension.
I do need to find some receiver plug screws for the 39A as I just took the scope off of it.
This winter I plan to try to match that Mountie's forend a little better.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w22/WFR11B/DSC_0187-1.jpg[/img]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: My two most recent 39's - 09/29/11
Why wait for winter?...
Posted By: WFR Re: My two most recent 39's - 09/29/11
I live in the hot South!
Too hot to do anything for a few more weeks.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: My two most recent 39's - 09/29/11
Sandpaper only works in the cold? Or do you just use the heat as an excuse to lay around from april to october? Better keep hydrated with sweet tea, lemonade and beer during this current heat wave. Don't forget to sand the shine off'un the buttstock too, wouldn't want anyone mistaking that fine marlin for a browning....grin
Posted By: WFR Re: My two most recent 39's - 09/29/11
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Sandpaper only works in the cold? Or do you just use the heat as an excuse to lay around from april to october? Better keep hydrated with sweet tea, lemonade and beer during this current heat wave. Don't forget to sand the shine off'un the buttstock too, wouldn't want anyone mistaking that fine marlin for a browning....grin

Nah, it's not the sandpaper. It's that it's harder to control the drying process and getting the coats of tru-oil on evenly when it's 90 degrees and high humidity.
I'll make sure to knock some of the shine off those buttstocks too. That's mostly because the Howard's Feed and Wax was just applied. It dries in pretty good.
I'll keep drinking til then! smile
Never use sandpaper on a firearm. Stick with chemical stripper.
WFR, may I ask what you paid for your Mountie? I've been looking for a "shooter" Mountie myself.
Posted By: WFR Re: My two most recent 39's - 10/07/11
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
WFR, may I ask what you paid for your Mountie? I've been looking for a "shooter" Mountie myself.

$360 OTD and that's the cheapest of the 3 I own.
Worth every dime of it since I plan on getting at least 30-40 years worth of use out of it! smile
360$ for a Mountie? You almost stole it. I hope I can do as well.
© 24hourcampfire