Home
Posted By: erickg 39a's? - 12/27/11
Anybody seen one on the shelf recently? I know all about the issues with the factory moving and all, but there has to be one sitting around somewhere, been wanting one for a good long while now.
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 39a's? - 12/29/11
I bought one today. Got it used -- but absolutely like new in the box. That's the good part! Got it home and decided to fire a few rounds. First three from the tube wouldn't fire, next 4 fired and then failure to fire again. Unloaded the gun and started checking it out. The firing pin is REALLY loose.

Family commitments took over and had to put it in the safe. I'm planning on taking it apart this weekend to thoroughly check it out. Needless to say, I'm not happy. It makes sense to me now why it was on the shelf in perfect condition..somebody took the low road and traded it instead of getting it fixed.

This is a recent production gun...
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: 39a's? - 12/29/11
you're not the first.......
Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 39a's? - 12/29/11
Honestly, the is the first issue I've encountered with a Marlin lever gun. I've heard talk about quality issues as of late. I own a few others and am totally happy.

I'll get this one fixed. The 39 is still my favorite .22 platform.
Posted By: pal Re: 39a's? - 12/29/11
Look for an older used one.

My 1971 39D

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: 39a's? - 12/29/11
The firing pins are stamped metal even on the older models, get a replacement drop it in and you should be good to go.

Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: 39a's? - 12/30/11
Originally Posted by pal
Look for an older used one.

My 1971 39D

[Linked Image]

I actually have an old one too. My Grandad gave my Dad the rifle below on his 10th birthday in 1954. Dad gave it to me on my 10th birthday in 1981. The model number on the barrel is 39A-no mention of Mountie or M.
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire